Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove an '05 SE with leather today (didn't even know you could get leather on the SE!).

Holy Sh!t...it is SO much friggin' better than my '04. The trans seemed tighter, no rattles at all, and the cabin was noticeably quieter. I got back in mine and it was a sad moment.

I'm pissed enough to go back to the dealer I bought from and demand the killer hook up on an '05. Do yourself a favor and go check one out on your off day.

Damnit! :mad:

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
adjmcloon said:
Drove an '05 SE with leather today (didn't even know you could get leather on the SE!).

Holy Sh!t...it is SO much friggin' better than my '04. The trans seemed tighter, no rattles at all, and the cabin was noticeably quieter. I got back in mine and it was a sad moment.

I'm pissed enough to go back to the dealer I bought from and demand the killer hook up on an '05. Do yourself a favor and go check one out on your off day.

Damnit! :mad:
My Armada was fine until I hit 10K on it... I'm still working on ironing out the bugs but I am happy with it. No way I'm loosing my ass on a trade for a newer model... This one is reason enough not to buy another one until I hear some long term reports from the 05+.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Be interested to hear how much money you end up losing if you do trade yours in. Mine is pretty much bug free...a few rattles...and not perfect...but nothing of the type problems that I read about frequently (knock on wood!!)...but in the interest of having the latest and greatest, if the penalty wasn't too severe...I could be tempted to do the same...but I'm afraid we'd be talking about a 10k hit...not prepeared to take that.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm

After doing some research I discovered that due to all of the repairs and numerous days in the shop, I qualify for a lemon law claim here in Texas. So rather than trade it, I'm going to pursue that. I'll keep you all posted. Hopefully they'll trade me out for an '05.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
adjmcloon said:
After doing some research I discovered that due to all of the repairs and numerous days in the shop, I qualify for a lemon law claim here in Texas. So rather than trade it, I'm going to pursue that. I'll keep you all posted. Hopefully they'll trade me out for an '05.
I'm from Texas also, and wondering where you found your information for the Texas Lemon Law? How difficult was it?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well

I'm in the very first stage of the lemon law thing.

First step is to notify Nissan that I intend to claim the vehicle as a lemon. Under Texas law, they now have one more opportunity to fix the issue. Since their fix is nothing more than a band-aid, (I've had it done 3 times already in 19k miles) we know it won't work.

The next step is that I send $35 and a written complaint against Nissan to TXDOT. I then gather all of my documentation of the repairs, there's a court date/hearing, and we go from there.

The requirements for lemon law in Texas (way more to be found- search google for Texas Lemon Law as I'm no attorney) are:

1. "4 times test" - vehicle has been in for a repair 4x within the first year or 12k miles

2. "30 days test" - vehicle has been in the shop for 30 days cumulative in the first year

3. "Safety test" - vehicle has been in the shop twice for a repair that poses a safety risk and still isn't repaired.

There's a great little handbook out there on the net- sorry I'm to lazy to post a link but if you search google it'll come right up.

I'm hoping that my initial letter to Nissan and subsequent meeting/ride with a rep will be enough to get them to put me in an '05. We'll see. If not, to the courts we go.

I'm claiming on the brakes, but my Armada has been in the shop easily 10x times for brakes, rattles, seatbelt problems, the seat latch, weird electronic issues, suspension problems, etc. I think I just got a bad one. I love the engine and tranny and I can see (even in my P.O.S.) the idea that Nissan was going for. I bought mine in February of '04, so I have an early build. It's unfortunate that they just didn't execute so well on the early ones. I drove an '05 last week and it was infinitely better than mine. I can't stress enough how much better it was- just unbelievable.

That said, it appears in my limited evaulation that maybe they've finally went where they wanted to go with the 2005 (and maybe even late 2004) builds.

I'll keep y'all posted.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Maybe you can have Nissan buy back the 04 and set you up wth a deal on the 05. I think I have seen this process on titantalk.com

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
2005 Armada is not the answer

I just got back from a week in the snow. My friend has a 1 month old 2005 Armada LE identical to my 2004 Armada LE. Same color and options.
After 1,200 miles, he has started to get door rattles, brake issues, uneven seat, and power liftgate stopped working.
I doubt Nissan made any fixes. Nissan still is not even admitting problems with gas gauge, rattles, or the seats being softer on one side.
So how would they have fixed anything.

After driving 300 miles at above 8,000 ft in 2-3 ft of ice and snow, I'll take the rattles in trade for how great the Armada performs.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Pertaining to the seatbelt issue you mentioned, what are you having problems with? I've heard complaints from everyone sitting in the front passenger seat that my seatbelt randomly locks on them and gets tighter until taken off and put pack on... it's also making a loud clicking sound during abrupt manuevers (nothing serious, though), but my dealership failed to hear anything. Supposably, they tested the 'seatbelt system' and it was fine.. I've never had a seatbelt click so much, especially concidering that none of the other 7 seatbelts make any noise or randomly lock up.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
OffRoadinArmada said:
Pertaining to the seatbelt issue you mentioned, what are you having problems with? I've heard complaints from everyone sitting in the front passenger seat that my seatbelt randomly locks on them and gets tighter until taken off and put pack on... it's also making a loud clicking sound during abrupt manuevers (nothing serious, though), but my dealership failed to hear anything. Supposably, they tested the 'seatbelt system' and it was fine.. I've never had a seatbelt click so much, especially concidering that none of the other 7 seatbelts make any noise or randomly lock up.

I think there was some type of seatbelt tsb/recall on the 04 Titans. :confused:

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Built Date for the 05?

andy said:
I just got back from a week in the snow. My friend has a 1 month old 2005 Armada LE identical to my 2004 Armada LE. Same color and options.
After 1,200 miles, he has started to get door rattles, brake issues, uneven seat, and power liftgate stopped working.
I doubt Nissan made any fixes. Nissan still is not even admitting problems with gas gauge, rattles, or the seats being softer on one side.
So how would they have fixed anything.

After driving 300 miles at above 8,000 ft in 2-3 ft of ice and snow, I'll take the rattles in trade for how great the Armada performs.
Do you know the built date for the 05 armada?

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Build date

Build date? Good question but unfortunetely didn't look.
What I do know is that he bought it first week of december right as it was being unloaded. The Armada was fresh off the truck.

I'll try to get the build date from him and post.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
November

andy said:
Build date? Good question but unfortunetely didn't look.
What I do know is that he bought it first week of december right as it was being unloaded. The Armada was fresh off the truck.

I'll try to get the build date from him and post.
That would have been built in November then. I think the cut off for 2004 is September.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
OffRoadinArmada said:
Pertaining to the seatbelt issue you mentioned, what are you having problems with? I've heard complaints from everyone sitting in the front passenger seat that my seatbelt randomly locks on them and gets tighter until taken off and put pack on...
The seatbelts are designed to do this (except for the driver's). If you pull the belt out to its stop, it will then ratchet back. So if you put on your seatbelt, then lean forward to pick something up off the floor, the belt locks. To deactivate, you have to let the belt rewind all the way.

This is a child safety feature that works great with their seats and boosters. My wife gets frustrated by it occasionally, but that frustration is well worth how much easier it makes installing a car seat (no clip necessary!) and cinching down my five year old in his booster.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Another seat was doing it today as well. Lol, I guess my passengers will have to learn to sit still.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had a couple of belts in my 2nd row doing this too. They weren't working correctly- the dealer replaced them.

If your passengers can't even move around I'd suggest visiting the dealer. I think there's a TSB on the issue....

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Really... That's what I told the guy, but they swore everything tested fine. The front passenger and second row middle seat just lock - they slowly get tighter from the complaints I've heard.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Drove an 05 on friday. It always looked awsome on paper, now after driving it, I need one! Fully loaded LE was totally awsome.

-mike

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
So you're the guy who accounts for all of Subaru and Isuzu's sales! ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts