Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else going to the DUB show this Sunday at the LA Convention Center?

aside from plenty of tricked out rides, there's a concert......and more importantly, a bikini contest!!!

guess who's going to be there......

yes, VIDA herself!!! :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Okay, I guess now I want to go. Nice picture.
Any idea how much $ to get in?

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Oh my...Thats the nicest looking A$$mada I ever saw. :teeth:

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Sorry, bikini babes notwithstanding, dubs and the dub look is not my cup of tea. While I respect those who are in to that, to me dubs=slow. They are heavy, increase rotational mass and the much lower aspect ratio of the tires means absolutely no fun off-road and means bent rims anytime you encounter potholes, railroads, etc.

I went through that phase with an european sports sedan and spent a fortune getting rims either replaced or getting them straightened.

Have fun, enjoy the bikinis, but count me out.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
andy said:
Okay, I guess now I want to go. Nice picture.
Any idea how much $ to get in?
Pre-sale: $25
At door: $30

see ya' there! :D

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Armada said:
Sorry, bikini babes notwithstanding, dubs and the dub look is not my cup of tea. While I respect those who are in to that, to me dubs=slow. They are heavy, increase rotational mass and the much lower aspect ratio of the tires means absolutely no fun off-road and means bent rims anytime you encounter potholes, railroads, etc.

I went through that phase with an european sports sedan and spent a fortune getting rims either replaced or getting them straightened.

to each his own! i can respect your opinion.

but with that said, i would never consider taking my 'mada off roading! lol

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Armada said:

Me too. A good example of what I think of when I think SUV is the new Xterra comercial. Bling Bling = X. I have larger rims because it was the only size I could get that would get me into 305 Terra Grapplers. Love the Bikinis but would rather have a lift kit.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
Me too. A good example of what I think of when I think SUV is the new Xterra comercial. Bling Bling = X. I have larger rims because it was the only size I could get that would get me into 305 Terra Grapplers. Love the Bikinis but would rather have a lift kit.
Amen to the lift kit. I hope someone comes out with one. My Armada sometimes is used to tow my "toy" a '77 Jeep CJ5. It has a 4 inch spring lift and 2 inch body lift, clearing 36 inch SuperSwampers on - get ready - 15 inch rims. Lots of side wall. Very soft, cushioned ride. I keep the tires at 8-10 lbs pressure! It will go anywhere.

I'd love a 4 inch lift for our trucks. That would clear 35's which is tall enough for a daily driver. I'd look for 15 or 16 inch rims.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Nice wheels! I notice you have low profile tires, how is the ride? I have 285/50R 20's and lately I have been getting a rough ride. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Dukeman28 said:
Nice wheels! I notice you have low profile tires, how is the ride? I have 285/50R 20's and lately I have been getting a rough ride. Any suggestions?
Since it hasn't always been rough, I'd think that you should check out your shocks. With 20" and larger, you're adding unsprung weight to each corner. The unsprung weight can prematurely wear out your shocks. If the shocks aren't damping enough, you'll feel it through the steering wheel and the whole suspension.

If you've always felt it to be rough, then I'd think it's just a bigger wheel and 50 series tires with not enough rubber sidewall.

Not sure if you can test your shocks, maybe just replace them to a stiffer aftermarket one.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
here are a few pics from the DUB show........

the one and only Armada in the show......

the end! :D

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Is that DUB show or BUTT show?

Too bad they weren't wearing the 3M invisible bras....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts