Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I have a 06 Mada and have an after market dvd in the console. It however has RCA outputs connected to a fm modulator. I want to wire it into the HU like mentioned in other posts, but how do you convert RCA back to speaker wires? I looked into converters, but they seem to do the opposite, i.e. speaker input to RCA output... Please Advise. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
You don't need to convert anything. Just cut the ends off the rca's and tie into the HU.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
You'll still need an amplifier to boost the output from the dvd player to the HU. It will work as-is but your volume won't match when you switch from Radio to DVD. Plus there will be a lot of hiss at the lower volume levels. Just get a PIE amp for around $40.00.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
With an 06 I don't think you'll need the amp. They seem to of fixed the input on the 06's so there isn't the volume discrepency.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First, Thanks for everyone's reply.

I took the shift console apart and no dvd plug. I know that it was mantioned that it's possible to still do it utilizing special pins, etc... But not an electronics guy. Does anyone have detail pictures? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Top said:
First, Thanks for everyone's reply.

I took the shift console apart and no dvd plug. I know that it was mantioned that it's possible to still do it utilizing special pins, etc... But not an electronics guy. Does anyone have detail pictures? Thanks.

Check my dvd how to in my signature. I have a link to some pictures that madamadness took.

here is the direct link to the photo's http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3724

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
llajumpvid

llajumpvid

You da man. Wired it up according to your directions and it worked perfectly, no issues. Will have to get an line out amp though, easy enough to install. Thanks for the help. Wife loves the feature and got rid of the fm modulator... Thanks again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.