Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to share the TSB I had done today to fix the dvd Monitor vibration.
It now no longer shakes and it also got rid of a rattle that was in there too. They installed a one piece bracket that goes from the front mounting screws to the back mounting screws. It took them 2 hours to get it back to me. Actual work time was probably less. If you have a shake, Get it done.

Fred

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Thanks for the info Fred..

I'm going to take mine in after the new year for a window rattle and body flex along with this! I have the TSB written down for them as well :)

Shawn

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
I also just had the console bracket replaced in my Armada. I have an aftermarket DVD. I had Nissan do the bracket and the shop where I purchased the monitor reinstall the monitor. Cost for the fix was about 300.00. I am very pleased with the results. No noises or shaking.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
dinger said:
I also just had the console bracket replaced in my Armada. I have an aftermarket DVD. I had Nissan do the bracket and the shop where I purchased the monitor reinstall the monitor. Cost for the fix was about 300.00. I am very pleased with the results. No noises or shaking.
Dinger where did you get the bracket? My POS dealer is trying to tell me $1200 parts and labor.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I'm assuming they are making you guys pay since you don't have factory DVD players?

If so, I'm sure you could get the bracket and do the TSB yourself.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
It's hit and miss on who has to pay and who doesn't depends on the dealer and what they are willing to do for good service I guess. Anyway if someone who has had this done could post the part # I'd appreciate it. I found a couple sources that show a overhead bracket that looks different than what I have and not the same as what the TSB shows for $3.00. I called and gave them the TSB part number and the guy said that comes up as a part for the center floor console?????? I'm picking my armada up this afternoon and would love to be able to unload on them how they could come up with $1200 for a $x part and 0.3hours of work.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
TSB's during your warranty period cost NOTHING as long as it pertains to your problem as outlined in the TSB... Now if the TSB was for only Armada's with the Factory DVD/Screen and you did not have it, I can see where they would have some sort of fee.

However, I do agree that they should fix all issues and if the bracket helps those with non Factory DVD's players, then it should still be free due to the vibration and noise from the sunroof.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I forgot to clarify yes they are only doing it for the factory dvd with sunroof...though the TSB doesn't specifically say factory roof mounted dvd. Some people without the factory system have succesfully got it done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
llajumpvid
Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
Club Armada is the premier Nissan Armada forum! Here you can discuss and review your favorite SUV with fellow owners.
Full Forum Listing