Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come you can purchase a titan that runs on E85 in the 2005 model year but my 2005 armada cannot run with E85. Is it a whole different manifold and everything or is it just computer programming in the motor??? I do not understand why they would do that with the titan but not the armada?? Enlighten me please :teeth:

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Not all 05 Armadas and Titans were FFV. The later production units were. You will have a sticker behind the gas fill door and under the hood if it is FFV.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Not easily. Many of the components that are in contact with fuel would have to be replaced. It would not be cost effective.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
From what I was told you would have to replace all kind of lines and parts because of the nature of the E85 fuel. The parts just cant stand up to the fuel itself. Like SCR38 said it would not be cost effective. I really dont know that I would want to run it anyway. You dont get as good gas mileage and you lose HP so thats 2 things right there I don't want. Yeh its cheaper but not as efficient.
M4ck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.