Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Ebay Scam!!!

3K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  art_z 
#1 ·
#4 · (Edited)
weezr17 said:
How Do You Know?
Address is worldwide, not state
Price is too good to be true. $12000 buy it now price for an LE 4x4 w/dvd?
Available only to Preapproved buyers.
Suspect contacts with no phone or ebay contact. Uses MSN email so you can't tell where they are.
918 sales with 99.9% positive record. Too good to be true and probably fabricated.
Member is in UK, where they don't sell Armada.

Lots of "problems" with this. Probably a scam. Happens with PWCs all the time. They list a great price, have you pay for it, and then vanish. Don't make a major purchase on ebay without actually going to see your merchandise before paying, unless it is from a registered car dealer, etc. ;)

#6 ·
If you look closely, its also brand new with packing over floormats and has USA style plates, not European long narrow plates. No pick of speedo with miles either. 11,500 Sounds like a made up number. Will deliver for free worldwide. At $12,000, this could be a large percentage of what you pay for delivery, not to mention its a $30k+ truck. A buy it now of $35 with delivery would be believable.

#10 ·
weezr17 said:
WOW...I checked out his other items and they are all cars....NICE CARS! I wonder what's his deal?
Sell as many as possible. Hold off people by saying its being shipped. Ship a piece of paper or something so you have a shipping code. String it on as long as possible, get as much money sent to your account, then cut bait and run. Start a new screen name, and steal again. Many of these guys have their real homes in countries in Africa, etc. where they can't be prosecuted or extradited. It isn't one guy who is a problem, it is a group of organized criminals that do this for a living. Happens all the time. Buyer beware.

Reactions: Merdad
#12 ·
weezr17 said:
Can we contact EBAY and let them know?
Go ahead. I don't know how but it can't be hard. They will just remove the post and the guys will post another car somewhere else. The PWC guys like doing this as it becomes more of a PITA to put bogus posts on PWC so they go onto other happier hunting grounds. Kinda like a not in my backyard you don't attitude. ;)

#13 ·
Good news

the scam artist nolonger exists

#16 ·
inf3rno said:
guess he got caught? why ppl do that??? :mad:
What I don't understand is why people are surprised by this. Guess I grew up in NYC area so I'm more cautious and not as nieve about crooks. I often see people leaving their house doors unlocked, windows open, and cars running with open doors at quickie marts here in Florida. People are too trusting and unfortunately for these people, they will learn the hard way. This is a good lesson not to trust, but to do the proper research before spending or sending large sums of money. :crikey:

#17 ·
I HEAR THAT TRIPLEBLACK! I am so cautious....maybe TOO cautious. I'm FEAKING PARANOID! Maybe it is because we are in NY....unfortunately you really can't be too trusting. It's a shame. :(

If I hear a noise outside of my house....I jump up and always check.....I make myself crazy!! :051:

#18 ·
Someones laughing all the way to bank though. eBay is a $49 BILLION company now.

Perspective:
Ford $19B
Nissan $44B
GM $19M
Toyota $119B
Sears $25B

It took all these guys like 100 yrs to get here and eBay about 10?

Off topic but thought it was interesting.

#19 ·
92TripleBlack said:
If you look closely, its also brand new with packing over floormats and has USA style plates, not European long narrow plates. No pick of speedo with miles either. 11,500 Sounds like a made up number. Will deliver for free worldwide. At $12,000, this could be a large percentage of what you pay for delivery, not to mention its a $30k+ truck. A buy it now of $35 with delivery would be believable.
shipping a car from US to Europe is not that expensive. my dad shipped a Alfa spyder and Jag XJS, i think they were like 5 to 6 hundred dollars each.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.