Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
I have one on, just got through my first tank of gas. Got 13.4 mpg avg, up from 12.5 mpg avg. before the ECO3. On a side note, I forgot to close my gas cap after I did the install. Would I have gotten better milage with the gas cap close? Install is traight up and simple, took me 5 min. if you have the right tools.
Install pictures

Also there's a group buy right now at Club Titan or even enter the drawing for a free Eco3
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
497 Posts
Original cost vs. Group buy cost

I think I saw on the ClubTitan site that the ECO #2 was 209.00 and the ECO #3 was 279.00 'before' the group buy was initiated. This was stated by one of the guys who was the first to put it on a Titan. Isn't this the group buy offering price? Should be discounted below $279.00 sounds like. Anyone who knows, please reply. I'm interested, but I want to know that the group buy is actually a discount.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
Group buy price is $258 plus $15 shipping for the Eco 3 (recomended for the Titan/Armada). I live in TX where Eco Fuel System is located so I have to pay sales tax. One member who got this before the group buy stated he paid $279 plus shipping before the group buy.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,408 Posts
FL_Crushin said:
I think I saw on the ClubTitan site that the ECO #2 was 209.00 and the ECO #3 was 279.00 'before' the group buy was initiated. This was stated by one of the guys who was the first to put it on a Titan. Isn't this the group buy offering price? Should be discounted below $279.00 sounds like. Anyone who knows, please reply. I'm interested, but I want to know that the group buy is actually a discount.
Here is the link
http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3499&highlight=Eco3
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,362 Posts
Seems expensive. 0.9 mpg increase, it would take 25k to make back your money. Going 80 instead of 85 on highways would do the same thing. Anyone else confirm it works?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
458 Posts
Well my average with mostly city driving stop and go to work and home with a fair amount of romping on the gas cause I like to do that has been 16.6 which is a 1.6 mpg gain for me. On straight highway miles at 75 to 90 mph I was getting over 18 which I didn't expect.
We have a poll going at CT but not too many have said what there getting. The old poll died in the CT conversion. Just restarted it the other day.
M4ck
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,362 Posts
Any performance loss and would it be compatible with mods like exhaust, CAI, timing advance, etc.?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
42 Posts
from what i read over at ct, there was none. i think one of the memebers got a few extra hp's from this mod... but im sure it will vary from all vehicles. if you do purchase it, atleast you know you'll be helping with the air polution... I've purchased one, but have yet to put it on... i'll get to it in the next couple days and report back...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
497 Posts
Who does thtat?

92TripleBlack said:
Seems expensive. 0.9 mpg increase, it would take 25k to make back your money. Going 80 instead of 85 on highways would do the same thing. Anyone else confirm it works?
Yeah, but who does that? If you laid off the gas and put on the filter maybe you could get 2-2.5 mpg increase. You were saying 25K miles payback, I was saying about a year, which is probably about the same for me. If you plan to keep the vehicle for more than a year then you are saving money. C'mon TB you're in finance right. ;) You know about ROI and payback period. Any CEO would say even if it's small (all variables considered) it's a good deal. And you may even get a HP gain from it. You probably would, it's just only one person at CT has actually done a before/after dyno and he got a gain.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,362 Posts
FL_Crushin said:
Yeah, but who does that? If you laid off the gas and put on the filter maybe you could get 2-2.5 mpg increase. You were saying 25K miles payback, I was saying about a year, which is probably about the same for me. If you plan to keep the vehicle for more than a year then you are saving money. C'mon TB you're in finance right. ;) You know about ROI and payback period. Any CEO would say even if it's small (all variables considered) it's a good deal. And you may even get a HP gain from it. You probably would, it's just only one person at CT has actually done a before/after dyno and he got a gain.
I agree in the long run it is worth it. I just wanted to get more feedback as to if it works, and if it does, does it work at the cost of power, with mods, etc. I don't need another $300 autogizmo that sits in my garage or has tradeoffs I don't want. I'd much rather sacrifice fuel economy for power any day.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
497 Posts
Eco 3

The CT guys are standing behind it with no loss in power.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
214 Posts
I am looking at getting an Eco3 for my Armada but was wondering if it was worth the money. I fitted an Active tuning grounding kit and a K&N drop in filter about 3000 km ago and I am now getting around 1.5mpg in town and 2 mpg on the highway improvement in fuel consuption, all for about $90.

I think I am driving the same and the improvement has been over 3000 km not just one tank.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
604 Posts
Tmation said:
I am looking at getting an Eco3 for my Armada but was wondering if it was worth the money. I fitted an Active tuning grounding kit and a K&N drop in filter about 3000 km ago and I am now getting around 1.5mpg in town and 2 mpg on the highway improvement in fuel consuption, all for about $90.

I think I am driving the same and the improvement has been over 3000 km not just one tank.

Depending on where you live and type of gas that the gas stations are receiving. Some people reported gain of 1.5 to 2 mpg but some said only noticed less than 0.5 mpg gain (or basically nothing).

Just my $0.02.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top