Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 Armada LE. A couple of times I have come to vehicle and the battery is dead , flat no life in it .On Friday I drove back into town a 2 1/2 hour drive get home park in the garage . approximately 2 to 3 hours later I get back in and nothing not even a clicking starter motor. I noticed today after I recharged the battery and started the vehicle that the lights didn't turn off when I switched of the engine. Been and had the battery and alternator checked everything is fine. park the Armada back in the garage, the night time lights come on I turn of the vehicle and wait approx 30sec's, lights still on lock the vehicle and wait again lights still on. I know the lights stay on for approx 30 sec's.
so I'm wondering if there is a relay or something that might be causing the lights to stay on after locking the vehicle. Any body got a clue

·
Super Moderator
5,222 Posts
there's some discussion on this issue in this sub--maybe worth some time to read up on some issues.

first thing id do is check for any trouble codes.

some possible areas of concern:

-BCM
-starter solenoid
-cam position sensor
-key cylinder
-nissan vehicle immobilizer system

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
I know the lights stay on for approx 30 sec's.
so I'm wondering if there is a relay or something that might be causing the lights to stay on after locking the vehicle. Any body got a clue
Any chance you have one of the light switches flipped to always-on instead of auto?
The switches have 3 positions... off, auto and on.
I'm thinking specifically of the light switch just inside the rear hatch.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there's some discussion on this issue in this sub--maybe worth some time to read up on some issues.

first thing id do is check for any trouble codes.

some possible areas of concern:

-BCM
-starter solenoid
-cam position sensor
-key cylinder
-nissan vehicle immobilizer system
At the moment the check engine light has not come on , its either going to be something wild and wacky or mind numbingly obvious , Hopefully soon I will be sticking it in the shop so I might just cough up the money and get the vehicle scanned , Thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Mind if i give you something to check for? I had the issue where randomly i would come out to start car or even from a store and it was stone dead. I would get it jumped at it was fine, then i accidentally found the issue i had. I went to pull the battery to take and get tested while using my other car. As i went to remove the positive cable the link going from the post to the fuse block that hangs form the battery side moved very easy. Turns out the metal running form that post to the link had broken on one side. If it moved at all i was dead but if i pushed the fuse block down to the battery i had power. So when i thought i was jumping it to start it i was actually causing a connection again as i was moving the cables around each time. Hope this makes sense it's a bit long i know, but fixed that for 35 bucks from amazon.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mind if i give you something to check for? I had the issue where randomly i would come out to start car or even from a store and it was stone dead. I would get it jumped at it was fine, then i accidentally found the issue i had. I went to pull the battery to take and get tested while using my other car. As i went to remove the positive cable the link going from the post to the fuse block that hangs form the battery side moved very easy. Turns out the metal running form that post to the link had broken on one side. If it moved at all i was dead but if i pushed the fuse block down to the battery i had power. So when i thought i was jumping it to start it i was actually causing a connection again as i was moving the cables around each time. Hope this makes sense it's a bit long i know, but fixed that for 35 bucks from amazon.
Hi Wesley, haven't checked it yet currently working away from home , If you don't mind could you tell me if still have the product number for the part I would have no idea what you would call it. Thanks for the info something I will be checking

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Sure thing this is what i bought, it is 2 different parts that way everything is replaced at once ok.
part #1 is this FUSE BLOCK
part #2 is this Terminal LINK
part 2 is most likely the one that is broke and the one that needs checked for damage. Mine was broken back by that large bolt in the picture and could not see it till i started removing stuff. it is like a 10 minute fix or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts