Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lovely black 04 Armada that has continuous and growing electrical problems: Just to name a few....

*Dash light flickers, radio light brightens causing headlights to come on, windows won't roll up with remote, cruise will not stay set, A/C blows heat, speedometer jerks down 5 mi., RPM gauge irratic.

Most recent ALL warning lights came on - ADV off, check engine, seatbelt etc. A/C blew heat, headlights were on even though were in off position,

It has been in shop 3 times and each time I leave before I am out of the dealer drive - problems start again. Last time the service manager had the nerve to say tom me "Maybe your car doesn't like you" - not cute!!! :dork:

Anyone having this vast amount of electrical issues? :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I've had problems but not with the electrical so much. First your remote won't roll up the windows, only rolls them down. Were all the warning lights on when you took it in to the dealer? Even if they weren't there should be a code stored that they could use to trouble shoot.

My headlights when in the auto mode were too sensitive and would go off and on just driving under a shade tree. I have the Nav feature so there is a setting for sensitivity there but it didn't help. The dealership hooked it up and said that it was set to the most sensitive setting so I was only adjusting on that level. They set it to the normal setting and it's not near as bad. Next time in for the oil change I'll probably have them bump the sensitivity down some more.

There is a service bulletin that just came out for the AC.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Sounds like you are having unique electrical problems. Haven't read about anyone in an Armada or Titan with similar issues. Try a different dealer if the first one can't seem to fix it. ;)

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
llajumpvid said:
I've had problems but not with the electrical so much. First your remote won't roll up the windows, only rolls them down.
I am pretty sure that the remote that comes with the Armada only rolls them down and not up. I know you can use the key in the door to roll up and down.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
masterwong said:
I am pretty sure that the remote that comes with the Armada only rolls them down and not up. I know you can use the key in the door to roll up and down.
Correct. You can wire it to do both. Someone has done it, but this isn't a factory option. ;)

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Damn I didn't know the remote rolled them down! Still learning about my Mada ! I love it ! Thanks !

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Vegeta said:
Damn I didn't know the remote rolled them down! Still learning about my Mada ! I love it ! Thanks !
Press and hold the unlock button. I usually do this and open the rear as I approach the Mada on a hot day. It gets the hot air out quick before I get in. ;)

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Exactly ! I hate getting in it when it like 95 outside and 110 + inside the Mada! As soon as I read this thread I went out and tried it ! Man I wish I'd have known this sooner !

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
It's really amazing how many things we could find out if we took a little time to read the Owner's Manual!
All kidding aside, most of the "found" features and many of the problems discussed here are covered in the Manual. It's really worth the time to sit behind the wheel and go through the entire Owners Manual, doing a "hands on" as you read.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
scr38 said:
It's really amazing how many things we could find out if we took a little time to read the Owner's Manual!
All kidding aside, most of the "found" features and many of the problems discussed here are covered in the Manual. It's really worth the time to sit behind the wheel and go through the entire Owners Manual, doing a "hands on" as you read.
Funny thing is read the
manual but I must of missed the fuction. Duh ! I hate when that happens !

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Electrical Problems and Hesitation

I own a 2004 Armada. It was a Demo with 6500 miles on it. I figured if there were any problems with it, they should have been fixed with that many miles on it. We Love the vehicle but don't like the problems. After about 300 mile after purchasing it, the Check engine light came on and then intermitently all VDC Off light would light and the Slip light would illuminate. I took it to the dealer who said a sensor on the Transmission had water in it and replaced the sensor. The lights went away. Now, 8000 miles later, the check engine light has come on again and the other two lights also. But this time is hesitates when the engine speed gets above 2000 rpm. Bad news is the closest dealership is 315 miles away.
Any one have a similar problems? If so, what was the fix.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
staylor said:
I own a 2004 Armada. It was a Demo with 6500 miles on it. I figured if there were any problems with it, they should have been fixed with that many miles on it. We Love the vehicle but don't like the problems. After about 300 mile after purchasing it, the Check engine light came on and then intermitently all VDC Off light would light and the Slip light would illuminate. I took it to the dealer who said a sensor on the Transmission had water in it and replaced the sensor. The lights went away. Now, 8000 miles later, the check engine light has come on again and the other two lights also. But this time is hesitates when the engine speed gets above 2000 rpm. Bad news is the closest dealership is 315 miles away.
That's a new one. Please post the fix if you find it.
BTW, where do you live that Nissan dealers are so far away? :confused:

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
I purchased the Car in North Carolina but recently moved to Alaska. Figured it would be a good vehicle for the area. Where I live, there isn't any dealership in this town. So it would have been the same story for any make of vehicle I would have purchased.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
staylor said:
I just had the same problem. VDC OFF, SLIP, and SERVICE ENGINE SOON all came on. I took it to the dealer and they said they couldnt find anything. They reset the ECU and it hasnt come on since.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts