Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two weeks after buying a used 2019 Armada it wouldn’t start and had a BCI failure fault. It had to be towed to the dealer. I was told around March 20th 2020 an ECM reprogramming recall was released believed to alleviate the no start faults and possibly the BCI malfunction. They believe battery power drainage is the main culprit from systems staying on after shutting off. We’ll see. Recall P0A6A

·
Registered
12 Posts
I took my 2019 Armada in for the same thing in January for the ECM reprogram. I had to jumpstart it again for the same problem this weekend. Took it in again to the dealership and they said tested battery (good) and said the ECM reprogram was up to date and that "Problem is under Nissan Engineering." I guess I'll have to buy a jump starter now until they fix it permanently. Have a case started with the BBB and a complaint filed with Nissan corporate. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a used 2019 Armada Platinum in Nov and by May it wouldn't start at times. Took it to the dealer and they said it was an electronic recall that drained the battery. The day after that I got my first BCI Malfunction. Now less than a month later the BCI Malfunction is popping up again randomly. Calling the dealer to see what they say. Doubt it will be anything helpful.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hope this gets resolved. Haven't experienced this with my 19 but definitely give that "this is unacceptable" vibe. Keep us updated, curious if it's truly an ECM issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hope this gets resolved. Haven't experienced this with my 19 but definitely give that "this is unacceptable" vibe. Keep us updated, curious if it's truly an ECM issue.
My dealership called back last week and said at the advice of the district service tech, they want me to bring it in and put in a new larger Interstate battery. Said they tried it with another truck and haven’t had any problems. I am skeptical because it seems to not be a battery problem but a charging problem with either the ECM controls or alternator. We’ll see...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts