Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am on my 2nd Armada (a 2005) after having a boatload of problems with my 2004. I have brought my 2005 in for emergency brake due to it not grabbing on steep slopes. I am looking out my window right now staring at my NEW TRUCK that has slid into a TREE after parking and setting the brake all the way! :eek: :mad: :mad:

This is the 2nd time this week that the truck has slid due to the emergency brake!!! Beware ON SLOPES!!!! Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
I seldom use my e-brake, the transmission holds it just fine.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Are you parking in Neutral? Parking brakes are for emergency stops and to help lock a parked car in place. They aren't meant to be the primary restraining device. Even on a manual, you are supposed to park in gear. My parking brake has been applied one time. That was when I left it at the dealer. After driving away from the dealer, and beating a Tahoe at the first light, I noticed it flet sluggish. Then I saw the red light. Doh! :damn:

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
You got worse problems than the brake if your mada is moving down the hill while in park.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
llajumpvid said:
You got worse problems than the brake if your mada is moving down the hill while in park.
Yeah, doesn't make sense. Sounds like either the transmission is misssing, or they are "parking" with the trans in gear or neutral and not in Park and using the emergency brake to keep it in place. Bad idea for any car. There's a reason its called the emergency brake and not the parking brake. ;)

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I don't think he can leave the truck with the trans in gear unless the key in the ignition while it is in parked position.
I always use the parking brakes because I don't like putting the weight of the truck on the trans. I hate the glitch sound of the trans when I go from P to D if I'm not using the emergency breaks.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
clu258 said:
I don't think he can leave the truck with the trans in gear unless the key in the ignition while it is in parked position.
I always use the parking brakes because I don't like putting the weight of the truck on the trans. I hate the glitch sound of the trans when I go from P to D if I'm not using the emergency breaks.
You can leave it idling. Sounds like this is the case.
I use the parking brake when I park on hills for the same reason you do. I live in Florida, hense the amount of times its been used. ;)

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
another use for the parking brake

if you set the parking brake and start the engine the daytime running lights will not turn on. Good for stake outs, drive ins, having the ac on while...... ah....breaking in the rear cargo area.....

tg

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
What daytime running lights? Must be a Canadian option. :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
What daytime running lights? Must be a Canadian option. :confused:
Canadian Armadas have daytime running lights.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
I have a day time running lights, all what I had to do is put it on auto, a dash cover on, and that covers the sensor. ;) , or just put a piece of electrical tape on the sensor. :cool: I drive with my low beam and fog lights on all the time :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.