Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone out there familiar with the service bulletin for the potential engine knock ? Sometimes it can hear a low ticking kind of noise and I had read of a few people having issues with this. I am driving a 2018 Platinum with about 20,000 miles on it. The vehicle has lots of warranty on it but regardless, if there is an issue, I would like it to be resolved. Thanks in advance and stay safe out there !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is a lot of information on the Titan forums concerning this knock. I would encourage you check out:

Same engine made in same tenn. plant. Just shipped to Japan and used for our y62s.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for the direction. Just wondering , typically the dealership have a memo name or code for these issues or recalls. Any info on that ?

Also, when you say there is a short block and a long block, would that make any difference in regard to the engine power or output ? I believe our engines are rated at 385 hp.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It will be the cylinder
Closest to you on the driver's side
Near the brake fluid reservoir

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that. Is there a notice to address this put out to the dealerships or is it going to be a hit or miss thing with the dealership ? Of course meaning if they choose or not to do something for you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
There is a TSB

If you have a warranty
Nisssan or 3rd party
They will take care of it
They get paid, they will take care of it

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
A short block replacement is just the bottom end. Intake manifold, cylinder heads don’t get replaced. Unfortunately, there are Titan owners who have gone through the short block replacement, only for the problem to return accompanied by other issues due to the techs and their sloppy work.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is reassuring ! Lol !

Well you have to wonder when you have any defective part replaced and the manufacturer hasn't made their supplier correct an issue, then they are putting another defective part in place of the other. So obviously it will only be a matter of time before that part gives you the same issue. I hate going to the dealerships anymore. As we speak, I have had the issue where you cannot get the shifter out of park and I have had all my idiot lights on for all the lane departure, front sonar etc. All kind of scary !!

For those following this concern, or if you have had the issue looked after. What may the repercussions be of not doing anything at all about this knock ??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts