Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Just bought a used 2018 Armada (after having driven a Yukon for 8 years). Only has 17000 kilometers. I love the truck but just a few issues. Wondering why they made the centre console so low. It does not function well as an arm rest but I will just buy a "riser" on ebay that fastens to the top. Two things I would like to have. My Yukon unlocked the doors when put into park. Can the Armada SL be programmed to do this? The other - is there anyway to shutoff the engine but have the screen and music stay on? If I stop and want to sit and listen to music for a few minutes, I have to push the start button again to get the ACC mode and wait for the screen to restart.
Regards.

·
Super Moderator
5,635 Posts
hello and welcome.

yes you can have the doors unlock when you shift to park. this is something the dealer can change using their software. i have my 2012 Qx setup that way.

there is no way from the factory to have the radio stay on when key off. you can get an aftermarket radio shop to make some mods for you i'm sure...

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
is there anyway to shutoff the engine but have the screen and music stay on?
I don't have the start/stop button on my Armada, but reading online, many Nissans support a "double-tap" when you're turning the vehicle off. You need to make sure you keep your feet off any pedals, then when you go to turn it off, just press the button twice instead of once and hopefully it will turn off the engine, but keep the accessories running.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
I bought the other arm rest for the center console. The SL has the front/back flipper and it's much lower than the sliding arm rest in the other models. Found one used from a QX80 on line.

·
Super Moderator
5,635 Posts
I don't have the start/stop button on my Armada, but reading online, many Nissans support a "double-tap" when you're turning the vehicle off. You need to make sure you keep your feet off any pedals, then when you go to turn it off, just press the button twice instead of once and hopefully it will turn off the engine, but keep the accessories running.
tried this on my 2012 qx and no go....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought the other arm rest for the center console. The SL has the front/back flipper and it's much lower than the sliding arm rest in the other models. Found one used from a QX80 on line.
What year is your Armada? and wha year qx80 did you get the armrest / console cover from? Did it attach right on in your Armada?

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I have a 2018 Armada oh, just tried pushing the stop button twice. all that does is turn off the engine and then turn on the accessory after that. it still shuts down everything radio Bluetooth pain in the butt if your on a call.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts