Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2021 Armada and can’t figure out how to use the entertainment system.. Have watched several YouTube videos but haven’t found any to be helpful.. it does not have a built in DVD player. You will have I stream it some how 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
From what I have read the new Infiniti and Armada had major changes in the entertainment system. You can no longer view video on the front screen, even with the emergency brake pressed, there is no front DVD system. The only sources I think you can use for the rear is hdmi or usb. For usb I think the files will have to be in a certain format. I don't know if they have updated it but it was for the old ones divx format. For the hdmi you just need any source that has a hdmi output like a Roku are something. If you tell me what you are trying to do specifically I can see if I can help you :) .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I have read the new Infiniti and Armada had major changes in the entertainment system. You can no longer view video on the front screen, even with the emergency brake pressed, there is no front DVD system. The only sources I think you can use for the rear is hdmi or usb. For usb I think the files will have to be in a certain format. I don't know if they have updated it but it was for the old ones divx format. For the hdmi you just need any source that has a hdmi output like a Roku are something. If you tell me what you are trying to do specifically I can see if I can help you :) .
My kids are mostly just wanting to be able to watch movies..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? Having the same issue! My kids loved watching movies on the ride with our Infiniti and now we have purchased a new armada with an “upgraded” rear entertainment center (my major requirement for purchasing a car was a rear entertainment system) only to find it is not “mom friendly” at all!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My car is a 2021 Armada Platinum. By "upgraded" rear entertainment I just mean that's how they advertise it. It's not an aftermarket, just what came with the vehicle. I just hate how non-user & kid friendly it is. I know you can hook up a gaming system and the dealership suggested to hook my phone up via usb, but that defeats the purpose of a rear entertainment system that is usable for small kids. I'm hoping I'm just missing something and can figure out how to let the kids just watch a movie on drives. Any help is appreciated!

·
Administrator
6,409 Posts
no disrespect, but did you read the owners manual on the entertainment system? should be a separate booklet from the general owners manual.

sorry, but can you explain what you are not able to do or what is not working properly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did read the manual that came with the wireless headphones and remote regarding the rear entertainment system. My kids just want to watch a movie and there is no easy way I see for that to happen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having an issue in my 2021 Armada platinum as well. All I am getting is static. Doesn’t matter which headphone and if it’s set to A or B if monitors are both on or just 1. Need help. Sorry to hijack your thread.

·
Administrator
6,409 Posts
the ir headsets need to be on unique channels. if one headset is on A, it needs to be attached to the monitor thats on that same channel. if the headset is on the left screen and you move it to the right without changing the setting, you will hear static/hiss.

if you are certain you have the headsets on the same channel as the monitor and the hiss occurs with no audio, you may have a faulty AV system in the rear. also make sure the IR sensor and transmitter are line of sight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did read the manual that came with the wireless headphones and remote regarding the rear entertainment system. My kids just want to watch a movie and there is no easy way I see for that to happen.
We just bought this vehicle. Did you figure it out? We were able to watch movies on the back screens from a USB memory stick. And the movies were mp4 format. Downloaded.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bought a 2021 Armada and can’t figure out how to use the entertainment system.. Have watched several YouTube videos but haven’t found any to be helpful.. it does not have a built in DVD player. You will have I stream it some how 🤷‍♂️
Hello!
I also just bought a 2021 platinum Armada. Did anyone find out anything. Use Android products for screen mirroring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone,
So I have been to 3 different dealerships, 2 Nissan and 1 Infinity for the same issue that you guys are having. I’m in Texas and I’m starting to think that no one knows…. Does anyone know who we can contact at Nissan Corporate about this? It seems to be an issues with all consumers who purchased this model.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the exact same problems everyone is having. I mean ALL of them. The technicians can’t even help us at the dealership. This band wagon is called “Ol I bought a 2021 Nissan Armada Platinum with rear entertainment package.” 😆 Man guys, are y’all as frustrated as we are? Lol!
Please if you don’t minds guys, if you find out any info about this issue please try to update us if your have sec! Thank you!!!😊😊

·
Administrator
6,409 Posts
it's still helpful to list what issues YOU are having, rather that just sayin "like everyone else". if you can reproduce an issue by saying, for example, "if you turn on the ignition, press the MODE button and tap the settings screen, the screen glitches." things like that can help others try that sequence and see if they have the issue. its possible your car may have some OTHER issue that could be helpful if you can tell us the steps you take to get something to malfunction. the more input from owners who are having issues, the better we all can help one another.

anyway, there is a thread for the 2021 models where others are having other issues with screen glitches and such. maybe keep an eye out there:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, we are not able to watch or hear any videos using the usb, hdmi or by internet streaming. I have read the manual twice, have made 3 service appointments at 3 different dealerships and they are not able to do it either. Who is lefty to call for help? The rear entertainment system does not work and they do not have a DVD player anymore so we can't use it. With 3 kids, that package was why I bought it. :(

Just wanted to add that the system does power on but we are not able to watch or hear anything. I purchased an Android phone just for this purpose. A small breakthrough, if you a have an Android phone with SMARTVIEW then you can got to SOURCE then select MIRACAST and it will mirror your phones screen but nothing else. NO video, No sound. Anyone else had a break through yet? 😫😫😫

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, we are not able to watch or hear any videos using the usb, hdmi or by internet streaming. I have read the manual twice, have made 3 service appointments at 3 different dealerships and they are not able to do it either. Who is lefty to call for help? The rear entertainment system does not work and they do not have a DVD player anymore so we can't use it. With 3 kids, that package was why I bought it. :(

Just wanted to add that the system does power on but we are not able to watch or hear anything. I purchased an Android phone just for this purpose. A small breakthrough, if you a have an Android phone with SMARTVIEW then you can got to SOURCE then select MIRACAST and it will mirror your phones screen but nothing else. NO video, No sound. Anyone else had a break through yet? 😫😫😫
Did you ever figure this out? If we select Mirroring on the main menu it doesn't work at all. If we go into SOURCE and select Miracast, half of the time our phones won't even pick up the RSE-Miracast. If it actually does discover it, when we connect it just shows a blank black screen and will not mirror at all. We've tried 2 phones and a tablet, all Android. Very frustrating!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts