Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Team,

I share your frustration. Nissan could not have put together a more non-user friendly system. My entertainment system for my 2021 Nissan Armada Platinum has not worked once. As I type this it is back at the dealership again. Their main tech guy sat there the first time for 40 minutes and could not get his Android nor our I Phones connected. Now the service manager is telling me over the phone you have to have the vehicles remote Wi-Fi set up for the system to work properly. Meaning, I would be forced to pay for a monthly service that I do not want or need. This makes no sense at all. Our phones have unlimited data and there should be no reason I can't mirror cast or us a USB so my daughter can watch Disney Plus or other movies. The service manager stated he could pull up pictures and files from his Android. I don't want to pull up pictures and have set files, just want to play some freaking movies. Bottom line is we cannot get the phones to even connect properly to the system. Did any of you pay for the vehicle Wi-Fi or have even been told this was a must. They have sold thousands of these things and like some of you posted, no one at the dealerships see to have any clue what the answer is.

·
Administrator
6,396 Posts
its an entirely new system so there are going to be bugs. also the dealerships have not been updated or trained properly on this new system which further complicates things.

there should be no reason you need a plan to do any mirroring or screen casting. thats BS because the dealer have no idea how to fix it. you should ask for a master tech who is a regional tech higher trained.

you should only need the plan for thigns like live traffic and such, but for day to day entertainment needs, you should not need to have a data plan.

you should reach out to nissan consumer affairs and tell them about it. the more people who do that the more nissan will see this is widespread and get a fix out.

there was a member here who ended up getting an entirely NEW entertainment system because of the issues they were having with a brand new vehicle.

demand they fix it or return it for something better.

·
Registered
2021 Armada Platinum
1 Posts
I purchased new Armada platinum as well. Hate the entertainment system it was a important feature for me as well. The one I purchased was suppose to have DVD in it (long story) but it doesn't. So if I understand you have to stream Amazon disney+ etc from your phone or tablet? I have no idea why they would not have a dvd. If you have a toddler how do you control the movie for them?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the new 2021 which no longer has a DVD player, not a single person at the dealership could explain to me how to use it. All I want to do is pop in a movie and hit play, now it is so complicated I can't figure out how to do anything with it. Today I bought a DVD player and shoved it in the rear seat pocket so I could watch a movie, pretty tacky looking with wires hanging out everywhere for a $70,000 car. I have no Idea how to mirror something on my phone, and the last thing I need is to pay another subscription to hulu, netflix, or wherever just to entertain the grandkids for a 20 minute ride somewhere. I think this was a bad move on Nissan's part to think that only 20 and 30 somethings would be purchasing these cars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just took delivery of a '22 Platinum. It won't stream anything at all - tried iphone, ipad, macbook - over Smartstream. And Miracast isn't compatible with Apple it seems. Was finally able to get the hdmi to work but only with Youtube, and only when connected to my home network in the driveway. Anything from the major streaming services throws an error code "display is not compatible with copyrighted material" or similar - this is with both hdmi and using iphone as a hotspot. Of course, everything from the streaming services is copyright protected. So this system isn't of any use at all. Going to try a blu ray player through hdmi and see what happens but not optimistic. This is simply a terrible system and is nowhere near worth the price of the upgrade.

·
Administrator
6,396 Posts
worse case you can use the baseband inputs if the new models still have them ( red, white, yellow analog inputs). you may be able to find an adapter..

sucks bro and sorry to see all these issues with the newest model..

·
Registered
3 Posts
worse case you can use the baseband inputs if the new models still have them ( red, white, yellow analog inputs). you may be able to find an adapter..

sucks bro and sorry to see all these issues with the newest model..
The only connections are usb, hdmi, and sd card. A blu ray player worked but that's not a solution. Huge black box, power and hdmi cables all over the place. We've got a toddler and one a bit older. No way this can work. Our sales guy doesn't know anything about the system and was certain that there wouldn't be any issues with playing content. We moved up from a 2018 Armada SL for mostly this reason. The other "upgrades" weren't really important to us. In hindsight we'd have been better off purchasing a tablet for each kid. And in Canada this is and $80k vehicle. It's also our last Nissan......

·
Administrator
6,396 Posts
yeah did not know what was avail on the new systems.

dealers fault for not knowing the limitations with the system -- im sure they knew about it they just wanted the sale.

with HDCP there is not much you can do in regards to streaming . there may be some mirroring options -- get an apple tv - use a hotspot and use the output from apple tv into the hdmi -- may be an option..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah we're going to try an Android tablet and see if we can screen mirror that. There's a couple youtube vids that show this as working without issue. If it doesn't work we're going to escalate it with the dealer. There's no way we're paying for a system that we can't use.... they can make it right by discounting the vehicle, throwing in a comparable value in service, or, best solution, throw in a couple of tablets that will at least provide "rear seat entertainment". I'll update here when it's sorted.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts