Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
Joined
·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the equalizer wd hitch on the truck and trailer today. I must say that the instructions were excellent and the install went fairly smoothly. I did have the go back and adjust the height of the L-brackets to achieve the proper ride height. The truck sits perfectly level w/out the air compressor coming on. The trailer has a slight tilt back (2-3 deg.) but seems to tow OK. The real test will come when I take it out next weekend on a 4.5hr. trip.
 

Attachments

· Premium Member
Joined
·
3,590 Posts
ToyHauler said:
I just installed the equalizer wd hitch on the truck and trailer today. I must say that the instructions were excellent and the install went fairly smoothly. I did have the go back and adjust the height of the L-brackets to achieve the proper ride height. The truck sits perfectly level w/out the air compressor coming on. The trailer has a slight tilt back (2-3 deg.) but seems to tow OK. The real test will come when I take it out next weekend on a 4.5hr. trip.
We also use the Equal-i-zer hitch, and love it. You can fix the tilt-back of the trailer by lowering the hitch head by one bolt. It's usually better to tow nose down than nose up.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TopazM3 said:
Watcha got in there?? I tow my race car on an open trailer. Curious how the Armada handles the weight and frontal area of that nice looking trailer.
I tow my '87 Civic H5/ITB car. I used to use an open trailer for it, but I moved up to enclosed trailer this year. This weekend will be the first time the car goes in the trailer. I'll let you know how it did when I get back.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
359 Posts
ToyHauler said:
I tow my '87 Civic H5/ITB car. I used to use an open trailer for it, but I moved up to enclosed trailer this year. This weekend will be the first time the car goes in the trailer. I'll let you know how it did when I get back.
Nice trailer, now you just need one of these to roll in with your car...

http://www.aerotechpitcarts.com/
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
7 Posts
While at the dealer for regular service I was the parts dept. looking at the "genuine Nissan accessories" and they sell a "Hitch Ball mount (class lV)" it is in the Armada booklet on the second to last page item#10. It seems to have sway bars and everything.

So is anyone using this to tow?

Although I have read that lots of people here have had good experiences with the Equalizer brand. What was the cost one the Equalizer hitch?

Thanks
Armado
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
3,590 Posts
Armado said:
While at the dealer for regular service I was the parts dept. looking at the "genuine Nissan accessories" and they sell a "Hitch Ball mount (class lV)" it is in the Armada booklet on the second to last page item#10. It seems to have sway bars and everything.

So is anyone using this to tow?

Although I have read that lots of people here have had good experiences with the Equalizer brand. What was the cost one the Equalizer hitch?

Thanks
Armado
You should be able to get the Equal-i-zer brand for around $400, plus the cost of the ball. Here is a link. http://rvwholesalers.com/catalog/product.php?productid=268&cat=74&page=1
Get the ball from them, and they will probably torque it to the head for you (not a trivial task, unless you have the right tools).

The system from Nissan does not include the sway control, only the weight distribution bars. You would then need to add sway control. A simple friction sway device could be added for about $80, but they are not all that effective. The Equal-i-zer brand includes weight distribution and sway control all in one unit; nothing extra to hook up, or disconnect in rainy or other low traction situations.

Keith
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top