Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I was looking to put a new exhaust system on my new Armada. Always been a fan of dual exhaust and the way it sounds. However I don't want to lose any performance.

With all that being said what do yall reccomend. I like deep and loud but not too loud resignation in the cab.

·
Super Moderator
5,149 Posts
from what i've seen on these forums over the years, nissan engines like a little back pressure, so using a dual exhaust setup may lose a tiny bit of performance. i've a 2012 qx (same as your second gen armada in terms of engine) and i dont like seeing tail pipes out the back, sio i removed the resonator, added a magnaflow and am VERY pleased with the sound. ive always done this simple mod on all the armadas ive owned (ive owned 2).

that said, if you prefer dual exhaust, any competent exhaust shop can whip you up something to your liking...

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I would look into a set of headers, tuning, and the full exhaust. <<<link

The catalytic converters on these things can be problematic. I'm not saying a guy would 'have to' buy an entire exhaust setup from the engine to the tail pipe. What I am saying is spending money on exhaust that doesn't need to be replaced vs. spending money on the parts that have a propensity towards failure is the route I'd rather go.

I just know I'd be pissed if I spent $1000 on a better sounding and more showy catback exhaust and then I found out a couple months later I need to replace the cats or my OEM manifolds cracked.

·
Registered
54 Posts
2 into 1. It's a talking point on the Tundra as well, the vehicle I left for the Armada.

You will gain high RPM power and lose low end. I prefer low end and crisp throttle response.

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
I have the Borla stainless steel Dual exhaust catback on mine. I like the sound. Bit of a growl but not a ton of drone at cruising speeds. The only issue with it is how low it hangs as it routes around the spare tire. No way I could do any medium - heavy off-roading or it would get ripped right off. It was an $820 purchase in 2010.

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
I just know I'd be pissed if I spent $1000 on a better sounding and more showy catback exhaust and then I found out a couple months later I need to replace the cats or my OEM manifolds cracked.
I'm confused on this. What difference would it make if you had an aftermarket catback exhaust system and then had to later replace cracked manifolds? That's where I'm at right now and and am re-using my catback exhaust system with Cajun's stage 1 manifold package. Am I missing something here?

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I'm confused on this. What difference would it make if you had an aftermarket catback exhaust system and then had to later replace cracked manifolds? That's where I'm at right now and and am re-using my catback exhaust system with Cajun's stage 1 manifold package. Am I missing something here?
Sorry I should have been more clear. That was said from a limited funds (poor mans) perspective. It just meant if I really only had the money to do one or the other I'd rather do the headers and tune portion than a fancy sounding exhaust.

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Sorry I should have been more clear. That was said from a limited funds (poor mans) perspective. It just meant if I really only had the money to do one or the other I'd rather do the headers and tune portion than a fancy sounding exhaust.
Understood. :) You had me doubting whether this setup was going to work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts