Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Armada SE and need to install new catalytic converters / manifolds. Any idea in Canada (preferably) or US where I would find a good deal? I was quoted 3k from my shop for 2 new manifolds and labor. Thoughts? I currently have 160,000 Miles on it and have invested 3-4 K over the last few years and replaced majority of warn our parts etc.

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
That price quote is about the same as it would be in the US from a Nissan dealer. The dealer here charges $100 an hour and it is about an 8 hour job. The price of both manifolds from your installing dealer is probably going to run you near $1,000 each and probably $40 - $50 worth of gaskets.

If you want to stay with OEM manifolds, for best prices your options are to find a local mechanic who has a better labor rate and to buy the manifolds online from one of the dealers known to give discounts, such as Courtesy Nissan. You can get them there... Left side is $775 and right side is $712. Apparently they have a core charge associated with them that's almost $200 each, so I don't know where that gets factored in at.

The majority of folks here in the US opt to go with JBA headers and long tubes instead of OEM manifolds. But this setup removes 2 of the 4 cats and can cause major headaches in getting the vehicles safety and/or smog inspected depending on what region you are in. This setup ran me somewhere in the neighborhood of $2,100 and you will need to find a mechanic who will do it. My non-Nissan mechanic charges $50 an hour. I offered him $65 to do it as he was reluctant. Highly doubtful a dealership will do it due to removing 2 cats.

There is a ton of posts on this forum regarding the cracked manifolds and solutions. Use the search function at the top middle of the page.

As seen on Courtesy Nissan's site for your 2006 SE:

Reactions: staplebox
1 - 2 of 2 Posts