Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI GUYS, HAS ANYONE UPGRADED THEIR EXHAUST ON THE ARMADA IF SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHICH ONE YOU DECIDED ON AND YOUR SATISFACTION.HOW DOES IT SOUND. I WAND SOMETHING KIND OF MILD BUT WITH A LITTLE RUMBLE, AND NO CABIN NOISE HELP ME OUT.... THANKS :crutches: :crutches:

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Look in this section of the forum for people with exhaust upgrades. Favorites seem to be the Banks and the Borla.

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
I don't think Banks currently offers a system for the Armada. They had one out but withdrew it from sales because of excessive drone. They do have a system for the Titan, but their web site does not have a listing for the Armada. I think more Armada owners have bought the Gibson system.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi mixed reviews is the Gibson considered quiet or more aggresive?I am leaning towards the gibson or should i get a chrome tip,and call it a day.I know this has been talked about but which is the best. Your comments will greatly appreciated. :clever:

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
The Gibson has a nice sound. A little louder than the stock system at idle and when accelerating, but about the same sound level at highway cruising speeds. I have the Gibson SS single system on my Armada and am pleased with it. Very good quality and fit, easy to install. You can install it in about two hours, no cutting, just unbolt the old system and bolt in the Gibson.

·
Banned
1,215 Posts
scr38 said:
The Gibson has a nice sound. A little louder than the stock system at idle and when accelerating, but about the same sound level at highway cruising speeds. I have the Gibson SS single system on my Armada and am pleased with it. Very good quality and fit, easy to install. You can install it in about two hours, no cutting, just unbolt the old system and bolt in the Gibson.
Nice, we do sell the gibson. It's a nice affordable exhaust.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
jba makes headers for the 5.6 motor. They claim 24 hp and 40 ft lbs of torque increase, but that extra power doesn't come until above 3500 rpm. They have an actual dyno chart of the before/after.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
There are a lot of posts over on another board (Titantalk) about the JBA headers. They are not well received. Since no one here has supplied that info in any detail, I would suggest a search over there before buying.

No one, I repeat, no one who is posting their dyno sheets and drag strip print outs there has anything good to say about those shorty headers.

Generally speaking, they have found our header design to be as good as aftermarket shorties. Rather, the big gains are coming from unrestricted cat-back systems coupled with Volant intake and using a dual in muffler or an aftermarket Y pipe to eliminate a big restriction and choke down in the factory y-pipe. There are some reported gains also in removing the second cat (or knocking out its honeycomb) which is after the O2 sensors in the 4x4 models.

But shorties don't seem to help. Everyone, me included, is anxiously awaiting long tube headers being promised from NISMO and a couple other aftermarket sources, and an independently verifiable programmer or tuner chip.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I like the sound of the Fx/G35's sport tuned exhaust is there anyway to get that same sound except on Qx56/Armada?

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Armada said:
There are a lot of posts over on another board (Titantalk) about the JBA headers. They are not well received. Since no one here has supplied that info in any detail, I would suggest a search over there before buying.

No one, I repeat, no one who is posting their dyno sheets and drag strip print outs there has anything good to say about those shorty headers.

Generally speaking, they have found our header design to be as good as aftermarket shorties. Rather, the big gains are coming from unrestricted cat-back systems coupled with Volant intake and using a dual in muffler or an aftermarket Y pipe to eliminate a big restriction and choke down in the factory y-pipe. There are some reported gains also in removing the second cat (or knocking out its honeycomb) which is after the O2 sensors in the 4x4 models.

But shorties don't seem to help. Everyone, me included, is anxiously awaiting long tube headers being promised from NISMO and a couple other aftermarket sources, and an independently verifiable programmer or tuner chip.
Exactly what I've heard. Everyone I've heard that put those on said they were junk. Our headers are pretty good for stock. Nismo had a great set at SEMA and Mossy has some they are just starting to market that look good:

We are currently exploring the market to make a high quality performance header for the Titan and Armada with the highest performance in mind. It will be made from high grade stainless steal and will be a 2-peace design with a primary and a secondary, The Secondary will be the CAT or straight through test pipe with 02 simulator to make the computer/ECU happy. So remember this header will be built with unmatched performance in mind.

So who is interested? I need to get an idea on what kind of numbers we are looking at.

EST price is at $999.00

Mock Up Pictures. This is the unit that will make the JIG after the jig is made then all 304SS had tig welded will be done

http://www.sr20racing.com/titanheader/TitanHeader01.jpg
http://www.sr20racing.com/titanheader/TitanHeader02.jpg
http://www.sr20racing.com/titanheader/TitanHeader03.jpg
-------Updated Pics
http://www.sr20racing.com/titanheader/TitanHeader04.jpg
http://www.sr20racing.com/titanheader/TitanHeader05.jpg
http://www.sr20racing.com/titanheader/TitanHeader06.jpg

For thoughts who want the header but its not in the budget, Here at Mossy Performance we offer lines of credit and can take a credit app and in 5 min can have you approved, 6 months same as cash. So one can get a header or any other part from us and pay it off in 6 months 0 interest. Not bad if you ask me, I was the 1st one to sign up

Chris Allen
Mossy Performance
Check out the website. New stuff coming up everyday.

Hope this doesn't bug anyone as I'm not with Mossy in any way and I don't know if they are a vendor or not but I thought people might be interested. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts