Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an SE with no navigation system. I wanted to know if anyone could provide pics of thier navi in different angles so i can get an idea if its possible to just buy the housing and replace it it, then later adding a monitor. I currently have a couple headrest monitors and want to see whats going on w/out having to stop or turn around to see the monitors. This way I can have a screen to look at in the center of the top of the dash. Does anyone have the dimensions on how big the avi monitor is as well? TIA

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I have an 05 LE w/tech pak, rear DVD sys, and the Nav monitor is 7in the same as the rear DVD, as for putting a Monitor in the dash you can if you had a nav sys, there is an aftermarket adapter switch to allow viewing of both Nav and DVD.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
do a search on here and titan talk for macfly. There is a good one on TT that they even used the front navigation benzel so that the two parts lined up and there was no gap.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
No...NO...and NO.....search your sister site....someone has just completed this exact install on a Titan...which has an identical dash. Pics and everything!! Oh hell...I'll find it for ya....

I stand corected...it was an install on a Mada

http://www.clubtitan.org/postlite3998-dvd.html+nav

Oh...and up there...Malik...it was him on CT...

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you know. I give the man credit for even attempting it. This is only my opinion so dont flame. I think the job looks cheap. I would like to have some sort of housing around the monitor to make it look a little more factory looking. I want to know if anyone can post a pick of their navi screen cause I plan on ordering the housing and working a monitor into it.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
bootyologist24 said:
you know. I give the man credit for even attempting it. This is only my opinion so dont flame. I think the job looks cheap. I would like to have some sort of housing around the monitor to make it look a little more factory looking. I want to know if anyone can post a pick of their navi screen cause I plan on ordering the housing and working a monitor into it.

to each his own, but if everything you did looked factory, your ride wouldnt be unique

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Forget Factory

Malik112099 said:
to each his own, but if everything you did looked factory, your ride wouldnt be unique
Forget Factory look I am thinking the clean look is nice and while you did do an awesome job it just looks rickety, besides why not go with a din 1 or 2 reciever in dash and keep your center console space and have the option for more upgrades all with a "clean look" as if its supose to be there, not just thrown in. I have to say though I wouldnt attempt that it took skillz and ballz.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts