Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to you'all out there. This is a great forum. I am a new member as I just purchased my Armada 3 weeks ago (SE, 4x2, Tow, Bose, Silver Lightning). Awesome SUV. Anyway - thought that I would pass on a story about purchasing an extended warranty. My wife and I originally were not going to purchase one with the new Armada, but after checking out the forum and hearing of the brake issues (mine has the new brake package - made sure of it before I purchased) we decided to add the package to the purchase. The conversation (condensed) went like this:

Finance Guy: "The extended warranty package is $1,800.00 for 5 yrs/60K miles.

Us: "You got to be frickin' kidding. Let me get this straight, for two years extended beyond the standard 3 years/36K miles, you want to charge me $1800.00?? FORGET IT??"

FG: "Insert a bunch of FG gibberish here".

Us: "Your price is a joke - no we don't want any crazy package like this".

FG: "OK - I can give you the same package for $1,300.00".

Us: "You just dropped the price by $500 in the blink of an eye. Can you give me 6 years/75K miles for the same price?"

FG: "Noway I can do that".

Us: "Actually, I think that you can do whatever you want. That is our final offer."

FG: "It is not up to me - let me go ask" ....(wait 2 minutes) .... "OK, we can give you the 6years/75K for $1,500.00."

Us: "We said we do not want to pay more than $1,300".

FG: "Best I can do is $1,400.00 for 6/75K".

Us: "Done".

It definitity is worth it to bargin on ANYTHING!

Have a Good Friday,

ArmadaMike

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Extended Warranty

I paid 1300 for 5yrs 100000. I usually wait until the factory warranty is getting close to running out but they claimed at that point it would be 10% of the MSRP. I never heard that kind of bull Sh%$t and I have bought several Nissans.

Everything is negotiable, you are right!

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Wow, "funny" number your guy came up with. My finance guy just said...

"Hey it's late (9:30 PM). We can give you a 6yr/75k warranty for $1386, it's the best we can do, it's what you need based on previous miles driven, you would be a fool to skip it. Yes or No?"

I think knowing the "real" prices and using you negotition technique will help others in their quest for fair treatment. Nice post.
;)

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
My dealer tried to charge me $2500 for the extended warranty. I told them to pound sand. I have up to 30 days to go back and add it. I will wait till the last week and tell them I will give them 1,100 take it or leave it.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
I paid 1365 for 6/75k without bargaining. But I do think the Finance guy did mislead me by saying that it would be only $8 extra per month for the term of my financing. ( He showed me some payment numbers based on without and with different extended warranty options) I paid 13k down payment which might have enabled the FG to play number game with me and I took the bait. Bu even with all that I dont think I did any bad on my extended warranty. Another thing that they said and has given me written guarantee is that if I did not use my extended warranty by the end of term, 100% money will be refunded. Not sure what the catch is as I already insisted on and got a rental for my first BJ ( Break Judder problem I mean ;) ). Will that count as use of extended warranty even though it happened during the standard warranty period?

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As long as you are still in the standard warranty period you'll be OK. I got the same pitch about "refunded extended warranty money" but pretty much ignored it as I figured it was another piece of BS Finance Guy gimmick.

ArmadaMike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts