Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if the alarm is installed at the port or by the individual dealer and would all be the same across the country...

But I was wondering if anyone has came across a way to disable the "feature" which allows the alarm to be disabled by turning the door key? Thieves usually break in to a car by popping the lock cylinder and as it stand this seems it would disable the alarm too.

Has anyone had this disabled or installed a keyhole cover for the passenger side over on the drivers side?

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
baseballfanz said:
If you want to cover up the key hole just get an extra handle like for the rear and replace it.
Yeah Im going to look at that.. but it doesnt seem like it would take much to peel it off since the would be thieve likley already has a screwdriver in hand.

If anyone has any suggestions on the facotry alarm please speak up! I am going to reasearch it more and will report what I find.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
You can simply cut the wire that runs from the key cylinder to the power window module in the door. However, keep in mind that you will NOT be able to disarm the OEM security system without the keyfob.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I'm curious how car thieves are able to get around the ingnition "kill?" Correct me if I'm wrong but don't our keys have chips in them that don't allow ignition untill system recognizes the key?

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
The immobilizer can be bypassed rather quickly if the thief is looking to steal the car.

Even if they are not trying to steal the car they can quickly gain access to the interior without the alarm going off.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Has anyone put in an aftermarket alarm that allows you to retain all the factory features such as memory seat and the window down option. At a minimum I only want to keep the memory seat. I've asked this question a time or two on the other forums but it seems like all that have done it don't have the memory seat option?????

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
There are wires that can be interfaced to retain the memory seats. Position one is a green/black wire position two is a pink/blue wire. You would have to use some aux channels to control them.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
thanks Kevin, thats what I wanted to hear. I've been having nightmares for the last couple weeks of going out to my car and the entire dash is gone. I've come down with that compulsive disease and hit the arm button probably 5 time between the time I come home and go to bed :crikey: ....time to invest in a good alarm.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the rec on how to disable the ability to disable the alarm with the key. Seems alarms wired this way are pretty much a waste of time.

Would I lose power door lock function or the ability to roll up the windows with the key if I disconnect the wire?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.