Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
here's my set up Kenwood 72002 Bridge to 460w with 1.5 Farad cap, 2 dvc 4ohms Niche audio wired to 4ohms. and i just installed my redtop optima.

My question is when bass hits the lights dim a little not to bad but noticeable. but before with factory battery it's still dim but not as noticeable like the optima. check all grounds twice and looks ok. i change 2 out of the BIG 3s with 4 gauge wire. what else can i check. and another question is do you think my fuse is too close to the battery? thanks..

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
brysig228 said:
here's my set up Kenwood 72002 Bridge to 460w with 1.5 Farad cap, 2 dvc 4ohms Niche audio wired to 4ohms. and i just installed my redtop optima.

My question is when bass hits the lights dim a little not to bad but noticeable. but before with factory battery it's still dim but not as noticeable like the optima. check all grounds twice and looks ok. i change 2 out of the BIG 3s with 4 gauge wire. what else can i check. and another question is do you think my fuse is too close to the battery? thanks..
The caps should reduce dimming when bass hits. If all else is equal and the lights are dimming more with the Optima battery, it most likely means the stock battery has a higher capacity. I would switch back to stock.

You want your fuses as close to battery as possible. Your location is good. Reason being that if you short out the wire, the fuse blows right next to battery and there is no un-fused wire to melt and burn.
Your system looks great.

But try switching back to stock battery just to check out again. Play the same song at the same level.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Also make sure your ground wire is bigger than positive side. The ground wire needs to be able to absorb the same current that the other side gives.
Make sure to ground your amps directly to battery so there's no ground loop.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
andy said:
Also make sure your ground wire is bigger than positive side. The ground wire needs to be able to absorb the same current that the other side gives.
Make sure to ground your amps directly to battery so there's no ground loop.
would connecting the negative wire of the amp to the negative of the cap helps?

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
brysig228 said:
would connecting the negative wire of the amp to the negative of the cap helps?
Yes,
all grounds should come from same spot. Sometimes not easy to do. Cap should be in parallel to battery. If your cap is grounded to frame or chassis, that will cause some issues.
How is it hooked up now?

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
andy said:
Yes,
all grounds should come from same spot. Sometimes not easy to do. Cap should be in parallel to battery. If your cap is grounded to frame or chassis, that will cause some issues.
How is it hooked up now?
cap is grounded to the chasis and positive is hook up to the battery positive. i just did the active tuning ground and that helps just a little. next i'll hook up the negative from the amp to the negative cap and i'll see if that eliminates the dimming.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.