Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to thank everyone that make this forum a fun place to visit.

Here is my wife's basic '05 Armada SE AWD. I bought the '04 SE silver wheels with 4 TP sensors. Just had the new Michelin Cross Terrain SUV tires installed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Welcome!

How do you like the michelins? Do they seem quieter than other tires you've had?

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
adjmcloon said:
Welcome!

How do you like the michelins? Do they seem quieter than other tires you've
had?
The Michelins are much better than the stock Continentals. They are very quiet and smooth. At 90 MPH, the contis are wandering a bit, but not the Michelins. I would also consider the Goodyear Fortera, but they do not have the size, yet.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Are those seat covers? Like the color scheme.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ksolo83071 said:
Are those seat covers? Like the color scheme.
Yes, they're neoprene seat covers, and made by Wet Okole. The second row seat covers are on the way. We have 2 kids who like to eat inside the vehicle. They are properly fit.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Nice seat covers, glad to hear the tires work well. Good deal.
I've been looking at the covers also but I'd like to do all the seats. Do they have the 2nd and 3rd rows available? I couldn't find them. I jetski a lot and I don't like getting suntan lotion and salt water on the leather seats. ;)

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
92TripleBlack said:
Nice seat covers, glad to hear the tires work well. Good deal.
I've been looking at the covers also but I'd like to do all the seats. Do they have the 2nd and 3rd rows available? I couldn't find them. I jetski a lot and I don't like getting suntan lotion and salt water on the leather seats. ;)
Yes, they have the second row seat covers, but I do not know about the third row. If you order the second row covers, make sure you order by phone so you can tell them exactly what kind of second row seats you have. My second row covers are on the way. It will take 1 month from the date you place the order. Here is the website.

http://www.autoanything.com/products/product_scn.aspx?p_id=1484&se=wet_okole_waterproof_car_seat_covers

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Thanks! ;)

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
welcome! I'm interested in your remarks regarding the Michelins as I've been looking for options to the stock conti's. They are ok but before chunking down a grand for new tires and all want to know that they are waaayy different, and better, than stock. With you mention that they are quieter and smoother...maybe that's really all that matters...except for handling...can you tell any improvement there?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Stock Conti vs. Cross Terrain SUV

ZRMAnn,

Good questions! I try my best to answer and compare between the 2 tires. I had spent more time with the Contis, so I know they're average tires.

Visual comparison: The XTerrain SUV's have smoother sidewalls, better
uniformitty and have no blemish. Improve look on the
Armada. The Contis have sidewall blemish and uniform
quality is not as good. I do not like the look of the
Contis.

On Road Comparison: At high speed on smooth road, the Contis are
wandering aimlessly or shimmy. There are also
too much road feedback through the steering wheel.
Tail happy during sharp cornering, not good.
Probably due to the sidewall not as rugged as the
Michelins. The Michelins have good road feedback
through the steering wheels. At 90 MPH, the steering
wheel is tight, no vibration and straight. That's a
good thing. The XTerrains are grippier through sharp
turns due to their tread design and rugged sidewall. I
still need to spend more time on the Michelins to really
appreciate these tires.

Price: I bought these tires from America's Tire Co. for only $149 each
plus installation. The manager filled in the $50 rebate form for me, too.
On their website listed at over $200 each.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/findTireDetail.do?rc=CALINT&cs=265&pc=34629&rcc=&rd=18&ar=70

P.S. This is just my opinion and some experience on the Contis and Mich's. Anybody out there with the Xterrains, please post your comments.

I hope this will help

Al

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
F1.... Where did you get the front splash guards? The parts dept. at my local Nissan dealership tells me that the front ones are similar to the back ones and I can't see how that would work with the running boards.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Thanks for the link F1. I'm most likely going to order them.

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
Hi F1, and welcome to the club, is it possible to post a close up picture of the front splash guards and the part#.

thanks

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
blkjack said:
Thanks for the link F1. I'm most likely going to order them.[/QUOT

hey blkjack,

if you are in southern CA, I will give them to you Cheap.. half what the dealer is going to charge you.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ggeorgie said:
Hi F1, and welcome to the club, is it possible to post a close up picture of the front splash guards and the part#.

thanks
Here are a couple of close up shots of the front splash guards. The local Nissan part dept. gave me this part # 508107F010.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
ggeorgie said:
blkjack said:
Thanks for the link F1. I'm most likely going to order them.[/QUOT

hey blkjack,

if you are in southern CA, I will give them to you Cheap.. half what the dealer is going to charge you.
ggeorgie, I'm in Vegas.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Hi F1,

I love your seat covers where did you get them? do you have a site and if you will can you tell me average price?[/COLO :D R]

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Ms Cruz said:
Hi F1,

I love your seat covers where did you get them? do you have a site and if you will can you tell me average price?[/COLO :D R]

Hi Ms Cruz

I bought them through this site here. http://www.autoanything.com/products/product_scn.aspx?p_id=1484&se=wet_okole_waterproof_car_seat_covers

You can also buy them through this site here. http://wetokole.net/page/WOH/CTGY/NISSAN

They're neoprene materials made by Wet Okole. I'm still waiting for the middle row seat covers. The front seat covers cost $225 and the middle row cost 259. They fit properly and comfortable. I will post the photo of the middle row seat covers. The best investments for the Armada seats! Let me know if you want to see more photos.

PS: Make sure you order by phone so you can give them all the info's.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts