Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

F'in Insurance Companies!!

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  adjmcloon 
#1 ·
Sorry in advance for the rant, but:

I hate insurance companies! Recently we had some bad weather, and I have a privacy fence around my house (total about 140 feet) I was going to fix it myself, but the materials alone were more than my deductible, so I decided to claim it.

I just got off the phone with my ins. agent, and he tells me "well, fences are adjacent structures, which are covered. But there are exceptions in place for fencing- it is not covered if it's blown down by wind, hit by a car, a tree, or anything like that". So essentially the only way it's covered is if it catches on fire. WTF?!

Pay money (mandated by the government, at that) for a service, and then when you want to use it they find a way to slither out of the deal.

DAMN I hate insurance companies. Don't even get me started on auto insurance either.

Sorry to rant, but I'm pissed. Now I've got to somehow crap $3400.

:chainsaw:

See less See more
#2 ·
What kind of fence and what happened? :confused:

#3 ·
I have had my fence replaced by the insurance company and it was blown down by wind......but I'm in CA..and normally were the ones with the weird rules.

Don't take that answer...get another underwritter on the phone. There trained NOT to spend money and if you take his word for gold then he has done his job in the eyes of his boss. Tell his ass to show you EXACTLY were it states that on your contract. I don't think I have ever heard that.... Oh...Im a man of many talents...when I worked for a group of independent agents...I did all there networking....they asked me to get liscensed so I would understand more of what they did....so I did. I am liscenesd in the State of CA to sell insurance....however it's not active right now cause I do not do continuing ed classes...no need. But I don't EVER remember anything like that.

#4 ·
I called my agent and it's true. When all of the mold claims came down, they changed the policies to exclude fencing unless, basically, it caught on fire. Wind, trees falling on it, cars hitting it, etc. all are not covered.

We had some bad weather come through and wreck my yard. Two fences and a gazebo knocked down.

I hate insurance companies.

#5 ·
Funny but Not

It's funny how whatever "problems" you have in the area you live in, the Insurance Company excludes that from the coverage or jacks the rates up so high it's outrageous. Darn Actuaries...

#6 ·
It's like having auto insurance and saying that if it's stolen or in a wreck they won't pay for it.....

#11 ·
That's the thing- it's a state mandated monopoly. Of course it's a good idea on the surface, but then they start punishing people who might have bad credit, refusing to pay for obvious things that they should cover, etc. What a crock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.