Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what exactly are these for...towing or a smoother softer ride....i replaced my stock air system with a pair of rancho xl shocks (cant remember model number) and heavy duty springs from napa. rear end not sagging anymore but the ride in the rear is very stiff and the truck feels like it jumping all over the road. will the firestone airbags make the ride smoother...tires are almost new with proper pressure

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
what exactly are these for...towing or a smoother softer ride....i replaced my stock air system with a pair of rancho xl shocks (cant remember model number) and heavy duty springs from napa. rear end not sagging anymore but the ride in the rear is very stiff and the truck feels like it jumping all over the road. will the firestone airbags make the ride smoother...tires are almost new with proper pressure
Just courious, as I'm also removing my rear air setup.. did you get an alighnment afterwards?

I found a great shop that does all lifted vehicals, an it was a night and day difference after they addressed it.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got alignment already but pops sense i already bought the heavy duty springs and had them installed is there anything i can do to soften the rear ride

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Well if its already riding rough, air helpers inside the coils isn't going to change anything.
In fact, adding them (air'd up) will make it even stiffer of a ride.

·
SHIFT_Moderator
12,991 Posts
got alignment already but pops sense i already bought the heavy duty springs and had them installed is there anything i can do to soften the rear ride
You can try disconnecting the sway bar end links and if it rides nice then just completely remove the sway bar. If not then softer springs will be your only option.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
I just put these on my 2012 and it wasn't too hard. Worst part is routing the air lines as they come wrapped in a coil and because they are hard they want to stay that way!

Checked after a good night's sleep and they retained the 23 PSI I put in them.

Will have to see if that changes my ride quality or not next.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts