Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Currently enjoying our first Armada. We have about 10 months under our belt with our 2019 Hermosa Blue SL with the 2nd Row Captain Chairs, and all the bells and whistles. Already have 22k miles on her. It's my wife's car and she loves it. My only gripe...in a vehicle with a nearly $60k price tag, why do they "cheap out" on the lighting on this vehicle? Low beam HID's are fantastic, but then they go and put in halogen fogs and halogen high beams??? Just seems silly to me. I DID do an LED conversion for the "fog" lights to get the color to match the HID's, but when switching to high beams, the vision is actually worse with the halogens. Anybody have any experience with GOOD QUALITY aftermarket headlight housings that might utilize LED's for both low and high beam?

Thanks for having me here. I look forward to learning more about the Armada, and meeting all of you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe the low and high beam are xenon... What does it list the high beam bulb type as in your owners manual?
I’m nearly certain the high beams are halogen. Low beams have a nice bright white color. High beams are very yellowish. Definitely a different type of bulb.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the info. I'm certainly no car expert, but I DO know my colors, and low beam is definitely bright white with a sharp horizontal cutoff. High beams are definitely yellow with a more "flooding" light pattern. Put it this way, the color (temperature) of the high beams more closely match the color of the OEM "fog" lights, while the color (temperature) of the low beams are more like the LED aftermarket "fog" lights that I installed. And it looks like that might be an Infiniti manual...maybe they're different? We definitely don't have LED tail/brake lights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts