Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have probs with A/C. Just bought an '05 and today it hit 90 degrees outside and the A/C barely blew out cool.

Thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,215 Posts
If you have everything switched properly and the air isn't cold then there is a problem with your unit. The Armada A/C works very well. I have my A/C on 90% of the time here in South Texas, and have never had a problem cooling in 105+ temps.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
scr38 said:
If you have everything switched properly and the air isn't cold then there is a problem with your unit. The Armada A/C works very well. I have my A/C on 90% of the time here in South Texas, and have never had a problem cooling in 105+ temps.

Thanks for the input. I am taking it in tomorrow to have it looked at.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,363 Posts
My AC rocks. Check the manual to make sure you have all the settings correct. Mine has the rear controls seperate and the front will not automatically turn on the AC if you hit auto. It will only turn on the fan.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
Last month it started heating up. around 90's in L.A.
My A/C sucked. But then the more I used it, I swear it's ice cold now.
Maybe needed some breaking in???
Go figure....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
55 Posts
Same here - no cold AC.

The temp was around 75 outside & the AC was on 60 running all day at full blast but it was cooler to put the windows down. I tried both fresh & recycled air.

What's the deal? Sounds like I'll have it checked when I also bring it in for the "judders".

Jay (05 LE w/navtech)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
220 Posts
Here is Phx AZ, we have already had a lot of hot days. AC is COOOLLDD! Some time it takes 3 to 4 min to get there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
226 Posts
I was initially confused about the settings, because there are sooo many.... I finally settled on just setting it to Auto and setting both side to 72... I orginally couldn't figure out how to turn it off without reading the damn book that cost me $47k, it came with a nice SUV though, so I am so stocked!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,215 Posts
I think a lot of people's problems would be solved if they took the time to read that book! (Owner's Manual)
There is a lot of truth in the saying "When everything else fails read the instructions".
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,363 Posts
NorCalJay said:
Same here - no cold AC.

The temp was around 75 outside & the AC was on 60 running all day at full blast but it was cooler to put the windows down. I tried both fresh & recycled air.

What's the deal? Sounds like I'll have it checked when I also bring it in for the "judders".

Jay (05 LE w/navtech)
Sounds like you hit the Auto button but the AC wasn't on, just fan. Auto does not automatically put the AC on. Moving the temp down doesn't do this either. On my LE with dual climate control and NAV you need to engage this manually by pushing AC on one of the buttons until it lights up on the display. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
I've had mine mess up twice. Once right after I got it no matter what I hit I only got the fan blowing luckily I only had about 10 minutes in 100 degree weather to go. When I got home and shut off the engine it kicked on. The last time just a couple of weeks ago I heard it make a clunking sound from behind the glove box. I shut it off for a few minutes and it came back????? When its working correctly it's no problem getting tooooo cold sitting in the front.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
92TripleBlack said:
Sounds like you hit the Auto button but the AC wasn't on, just fan. Auto does not automatically put the AC on. Moving the temp down doesn't do this either. On my LE with dual climate control and NAV you need to engage this manually by pushing AC on one of the buttons until it lights up on the display. ;)
Being the original poster of this issue I wanted to give an update. I was confused by all the posts indicating an "auto" button. I have an LE without the NAV system. All that is available is to ensure that the AC amber light is illuminated in the center of the dial and to adjust the blower. I took it into the dealer and they agreed that it was only blowing mildly cold. It seems that the compressor shuts on and off instead of staying on. They charged the AC with some dye to check for leaks, they are having me bring it back in when my Center roof console TSB arrives. I will post an update when I hear from them after the TSB is installed.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,215 Posts
The compressor is supposed to cycle, but it sounds as if yours stoping too much. Low fluid level will cause this. Since they charged your system it must have been low. Maybe the dye will indicate the location of the leak, but I wonder why they didn't use a sniffer to find the leak.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top