Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking in to getting a new ride for a while. After reading some of the performance tweaks and numbers you guys are getting, I may be convinced. Actualy, I was already looking at Armada's anyway, but was considering Pathfinders or even a Z.

The question, what's the best model for all out performance. I'm looking SE's. Towing package? 2x4 I'm guessing. Doesn't the tow package have lower final gears? I'd like towing I think if there is not much of a performance diference.

Wonder if a 5200lb suv can hit good 13's ;)

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
For best performance I would select the SE 4X2, Big Tow package. But you won't get into the 13s without nitrous or S/C.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet, that's pretty much what I'm looking for. Nice times by the way!
And I figured 13's would require some serious boost or laughing gas. How much can these engines take, boost or NO2, without damage or seriously reducing lifespan? Must be fun to dust off riced up civics and maybe the occasional Boxter if the driver sucks.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Best Mod,

A heavy right foot and watch the tires burn themselves down to nothing. Burnouts and stop light racing is easy to beat most cars and suv's, but cost some gas $

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
My testimony to the power of the Armada is a Chevy 1500 raced me up a hill that had winding turns. Unfortunatley my Mada wasnt lowered nor has the suspension set up like this truck (Bone-Stock) was which was lowered and had 22's. I let him have a car length head start and I blasted through and noticed how fast I was catching up to him until the curved turn made me brake going about 100mph up a hill. I had to break almost every curve because I didnt want to roll over my baby. I got burnt at the end because of no sway bars or suspension. He laughed thinking his truck was fast only knowing he really would have been smoked on a straight away...He got me to work alot faster than I had anticipated. Oh and there goes my gas...As for 13's, only with NOS and a turbo and or supercharger. Those little riceburners are lunch meat next to my Mada, Although a WRX tried, but he got took also...I need to get rid of these ugly Conti's. What is the best tires for the stock 18's?

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Fastest would be 4x2 SE from '04 with tow package. This is the lightest with the best gearing. However, its all relative. An LE, with a few extra pounds or a 4x4 would be faster if you put larger rims on the 4x2 SE due to the extra weight. Regardless, they will all be very close. The difference would be like driving with or without your buddy in the passenger seat. With that said, you can get a Supercharger, NOs, chip, exhaust, headers, intake, etc. now so you can make it faster. 13s would take the first two, but you can get well into the low 14s without them.
As for racing rice rides, that's just silly. Anything can beat them. I still am trying to figure out why kids think they are fast. Fast starts in the 13s stock, not 15s. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.