Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be towing with my Armada for the first time tomorrow. I've towed small trailers a few times before but this is the largest. It is a 7x14 enclosed cargo trailer with around 1000lbs of cargo. I will be towing 450mi from Salt Lake to Crested Butte, lots of interstate and a decent mix of mountain roads with steep grades.

What should I know about my Armada as a relatively novice tower.

Also I'm a bit concerned that I wasn't able to fill the trailer to the back. So right now the weight is pretty evenly distributed from the front of the trailer until the part just over the trailer axle, with nothing behind there. I've got two 100lb dumbbells sitting around. Should I throw those in the back to add more weight to the axle or behind the axle?

(pic is before securing with straps, I am planning to do that).

Tire Wheel Cloud Car Vehicle

Plant Bicycle Sky Tire Wheel

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have towed a 30ft Travel Trailer with my 2014 for 3 years from the Everglades to Gettysburg and everywhere in between. With the right set up it tows like a dream. I have Weight Dist hitch and 1 friction sway bar. I tighten it downtill I cant push any further with 2 fingers and I barely know the camper is back there. Factory mirrors don't help much but I get by...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts