Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am sure there has been a thread about this issue, but I just wanted to provide a synopsis if anyone else is dealing with the same problem.

Issue: Front Parking Sensor stopped functioning, with the on/off switch for front/rear sensors flashing after starting car.

Solution: Replaced Infiniti 25640-7S200 Buzzer Assy

How to Diagnose: I attempted to put the parking system in the self diagnostic mode according to the FSM by turning to ON, waiting for the light on the parking sensor switch to turn off and then rapidly pushing the switch 10 times with in 5 seconds. Unfortunately, it would not enter the self diagnostic mode and I ended up finding a video for a 2010 Nissan Maxima with a similar front/rear system. The video shows how when the parking sensor buzzer (the speaker that beeps) goes out, the entire system stops functioning properly including the diagnostic mode. On this hunch, I decided to buy a cheap aftermarket buzzer to see if that would fix the issue.

Part #: Infiniti 25640-7S200 Buzzer Assy
(I bought an aftermarket one off Amazon for $20 vs $70, it works but it sounds pretty "cheap")

Tools: Nylon interior pry bar, 7mm socket/wrench, small pick tool to release harness from buzzer

How to:
  1. Pry the panel above the instrument panel off. It is held on by push tabs that should release pretty easily using a 1" wide pry tool
  2. Disconnect the harness from the buzzer
  3. Use the 7mm socket/wrench to remove bolts holding buzzer
  4. Replace and reassemble in reverse.
I hope this isn't too wordy, I just wanted to put this out here if someone has the same problem and can try this easy fix before spending money at a shop or by replacing more expensive components.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did your buzzer make any noise? I have the same problem, but I still hear beeping when I get close to stuff.
In my case the front buzzer had failed and would not make any noise when the front bumper would get close to obstacles. The rear buzzers and sensors continued to work fine.

In your situation are both the front and rear sensors working, but the light is flashing? What year?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I honestly didn't know there was a front buzzer. Every now and then I will hear a buzz in the front at random times, so that makes sense...The front sensors haven't worked since I bought the truck. So I didn't even think about the buzz coming from any other speaker than the one in the back. I have the same as you 2010 qx56.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I honestly didn't know there was a front buzzer. Every now and then I will hear a buzz in the front at random times, so that makes sense...The front sensors haven't worked since I bought the truck. So I didn't even think about the buzz coming from any other speaker than the one in the back. I have the same as you 2010 qx56.
I would just replace it for the ~$20 it costs off Amazon. It is a lot cheaper and easier to start with the buzzer versus trying to figure the computer and sensors.
If you really want to go cheaper the case on the speaker actually pops off and I have found a bunch of listings for just the buzzer online using the part number in the picture.
Bicycle part Finger Material property Rim Font

1 - 5 of 5 Posts