Since some of you guys here are new owners I thought I'd save you a trip to the dealer once you start modifing your armada's. I'm not sure what set's it off (other than pulling things apart) but at some point you will likely end up with a flashing airbag sensor light. Here is how to reset it yourself.
1. Turn the key from off to on.
2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.
3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)
4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.
5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.
6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be on.
I just tried this today and did it exactly as you stated here step by step and it worked immediately. Thanks so much for saving me a lot of $$$$$. The dealer of course ran test and did not resolve it, but through this forum it was fixed in less than 3 minutes!!!! Thanks!!! As soon as I executed your instructions I met a lady at Home Depot and shared your forum to help her resolve the same problem on her daughter's car. You are awesome. Thanks a million for sharing your knowledge. From a thankful lady )
Mine comes back on after a few days, too. Any idea how much the sensor costs to fix?Just to be clear. I have a 2006 Armada with 150k mi. I just bought it about six weeks ago. I bought it with the light blinking. I used the technique and it worked for about 2 hours, then the light came back on again. A couple of weeks later, I brought it back where I bought it and they agreed to fix it (among other minor issues discussed later). They used a mechanic's scan tool and took off the light but, before they brought it back to me, it came back on. they revaluated it and it is the sensor that is bad and needs to be replaced. So in the nutshell, this works but, My Armada had a faulty sensor. It is getting changed in two weeks for free.
I have been having it go off...I went out and reset the light, then moved the seat up like you did and it hasn't gone off yet Thanks!After a while my wife jokingly said she adjusted the seat height cuz it wasn't comfy.
I was sure that it was just a coincidence but figured I would look into... Sure enough that was what fixed it.