Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

261 - 280 of 318 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Holy crap glad to see you made it out alive. Looking at your vehicle I would assume that the margin of surviving a rollover like that is very slim

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
You should see my Titan from my near fatal accident I had on January 9th, 2007. A early '90's Camaro cut in front of me and I had to react not to "pin" him like cops do, but it was slick and I lost control, went from the far right lane, across 3 lanes, up over the median, went air born where I rolled the truck 8 times, crossing another 3 lanes, was thrown 40 feet into a tree which shattered my pelvis, shattered my leg... ok I can go on and on about my injuries here, but I'll just mention one more.. a large tree branch went through my thigh just below my butt cheek from behind (yes... just 12" higher and I would've been penetrated the wrong way) that had the girth of a softball... anyway, I hit the tree, fell to my near death 15 feet down onto concrete. I don't remember anything from the actual accident. Just that I was surrounded by numerous paramedics, cops, firefighters who were all frantic (mind you were are talking about Plano, TX which is a nice suburb north of Dallas so they see a lot of crazy stuff,) put me into an ambulance and off to Plano Presbyterian Hospital, stabilized, then MediFlighted to Parkland Hospital in downtown Dallas which is the best (and close thank god) Level 1 Trauma Center for north Texas. And after that, I woke up 2 weeks later after a medically induced coma.

Didn't learn how to walk till 8 months later. I went from 185lbs at 6% body fat (I'm 5'9 and a small frame, but had been working out HARD for the past 2 years to gain weight from being scrawny) down to 95lbs on my discharge date 5 weeks later (which was early, but I had an ER nurse to live with me and take care of me; my grandmother quit her job in Arkansas.) My injuries include a shattered pelvis with a big long "screw" (it's actually the size of a bolt) to hold my pelvis in place that is with me for life, a shattered ankle with 4 screws in it, impaled by a softball size tree branch in my upper thigh, 3 skin graphs there, was put into traction (if you don't know what this is, it's terrible.. getting 2 bolts screwed into your femur to hold you together...), ruptured bladder, ruptured spleen, both lungs collapsed, other massive internal injuries, uncontrollable internal bleeding, 5 chest tubes, torn intestines, exploritory surgery, 2 week medically induced coma, on breathing machine for 3 weeks, hole in my other knee where my patella popped out hanging by ligaments, broken right elbow, dislocated left elbow, brain injury and... 32 surgeries in one month.

I had just taken my seatbelt off to take out my wallet out of my back pocket of my dress slacks from work. And it's true about what they say... most accidents happen within 5 miles of your home. I was 2 miles from my house with my Titan accident and my Armada accident earlier this month, in January again, happened 5 miles from my house. I have pictures of my Titan. It's pretty unreal, but believe it or not, if I would have stayed in the Titan, I would have been fine. It was lifted 6" PRG lift with 35" tires. The Armada's roof caving in like that kinda makes me wonder how strong it is up top structurally.

So yeah, I'm a lucky SOB

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Wow that's really something post some pictures if you can, and I hope you are ok now....

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Finally took my car to the dealer so they could pull the codes for the airbag light. Both my passenger and driver seat belt tensioner were not functioning and are being replaced under warranty!

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
I tried that precedure and did the 3 cycle and I did see the airbag light blink in a slow manner, but after i tried to do it again, it still didnt shut off?

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Hi, I have a 2006 Armada which recently started the Airbag light blinking again. Over a year ago unplugging the harnesses under the seats and performing the reset cleared the codes until now. I have gone into the Diagnosis mode and it shows the following for 6 blinks "LH side curtain air bag module". This code will not clear on its own. Any similar workarounds for this?

Here's the table for the blink codes that come after 2x 1.5 second blink:

1. Front RH side air bag module
2. Front LH side air bag module
3. RH satellite sensor
4. LH satellite sensor
5. RH side curtain air bag module
6. LH side curtain air bag module

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Thanks for the instructions. This helps me saving a trip to dealer and charge me $$$. I am way out of warranty.

Thumb Up !!!

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Since some of you guys here are new owners I thought I'd save you a trip to the dealer once you start modifing your armada's. I'm not sure what set's it off (other than pulling things apart) but at some point you will likely end up with a flashing airbag sensor light. Here is how to reset it yourself.

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be on.

I just tried this today and did it exactly as you stated here step by step and it worked immediately. Thanks so much for saving me a lot of $$$$$. The dealer of course ran test and did not resolve it, but through this forum it was fixed in less than 3 minutes!!!! Thanks!!! As soon as I executed your instructions I met a lady at Home Depot and shared your forum to help her resolve the same problem on her daughter's car. You are awesome. Thanks a million for sharing your knowledge. From a thankful lady :))

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
About a month ago, my airbag light began flashing while turning into a parking spot. I performed the DIY reset and thought it was gone for good. It eventually returned, almost as a daily occurrence. While in reset/diagnostic mode, all I would get was a solid 3-second flash followed by a 2-second no flash, 3-second flash....

I checked the plugs under the seats, fuse(s); all good. All of the radio and cruise control functions on the steering wheel were working fine.

What I did notice was every time I had to turn the wheel full left or full right, the light would suddenly flash. I ordered a new clockspring, part #25567CD002 from parts.nissanusa.

Installation could not be any easier. It took me less than an hr to do and no more flashing light.

I followed these instructions from titantalk:http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-parts-accessories/35187-adding-steering-wheel-audio-controls.html

And this video regarding the removal of the clockspring:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPQ2sEYjKJU

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Great Tip!!!

We just purchased this 2006 Nissan Armada with 147K + miles. The next day we took it to the local Nissan dealership to get a 120 point diagnostic and inspection that cost us $126. Two hours later we get a print out of everything that is wrong or needs to be serviced, one of which is "diagnose SRS (air bag) warning light (found light illuminated) at a cost of $130. Well the next day I became a member of this forum and came across this post. THIS REALLY WORKS! You saved my family both time and money. I followed the instructions (so I thought) the first time to no avail. the second time as soo as the light blinked I cut the car off (not removing the key and after 5 full seconds I returned the key to the key position just before starting (thus not starting it). I just wanted to say that I appreciate that you posted this. Thank You.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Thank you very much !! I needed to get a inspection and I was not going to get it because of that stupid light I reseted it and is gone now ( got the inspection too) . Thanks again .

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
This does work.

Just to be clear. I have a 2006 Armada with 150k mi. I just bought it about six weeks ago. I bought it with the light blinking. I used the technique and it worked for about 2 hours, then the light came back on again. A couple of weeks later, I brought it back where I bought it and they agreed to fix it (among other minor issues discussed later). They used a mechanic's scan tool and took off the light but, before they brought it back to me, it came back on. they revaluated it and it is the sensor that is bad and needs to be replaced. So in the nutshell, this works but, My Armada had a faulty sensor. It is getting changed in two weeks for free.

:excellent

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Just to be clear. I have a 2006 Armada with 150k mi. I just bought it about six weeks ago. I bought it with the light blinking. I used the technique and it worked for about 2 hours, then the light came back on again. A couple of weeks later, I brought it back where I bought it and they agreed to fix it (among other minor issues discussed later). They used a mechanic's scan tool and took off the light but, before they brought it back to me, it came back on. they revaluated it and it is the sensor that is bad and needs to be replaced. So in the nutshell, this works but, My Armada had a faulty sensor. It is getting changed in two weeks for free.

:excellent
Mine comes back on after a few days, too. Any idea how much the sensor costs to fix?

For now, my fix is a square of black electrical tape on the back side of the instrument panel, over the LED well for the airbag light. Works like a champ!

Amazingly, the same fix works for the check engine light and the tire pressure low light.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
THANK YOU THANK U THANK U!!
this stupid *** light was on for 5ever n now thanks to this post it is off!! ? nissan quoted $90 just to diagnose! Craaaaazyyyy!! No thank u.. google n youtube can give u all the answers u need now days!?

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Mine was on when I bought it and the owner had the report from the dealer saying it needed a new seat cushion because the sensor was built into it... $1600...ya no. I tried the ignition trick and it always came back right away, I tried looking under the seat and checking for bad connections, corrosion etc...

While getting my AC system redone, the garage said they scanned it and cleared the code for me for free (super nice guys). I obviously thanked them, but in my head was thinking it will just be on when we go back home.

To my surprise it actually stayed off... I couldn't believe it and started to go over all the things I had done since last trying to clear it. After a while my wife jokingly said she adjusted the seat height cuz it wasn't comfy.

I was sure that it was just a coincidence but figured I would look into... Sure enough that was what fixed it. With the truck running I sat in the passenger side and lowered the seat, BAM light started flashing.

Raised it back up about 0.5"-1" and cleared the code, it stayed off. That was over a year ago. Still to this day if I drop the seat all the way the light comes on. If I leave it raised 1" or more, light never turns on.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
After a while my wife jokingly said she adjusted the seat height cuz it wasn't comfy.

I was sure that it was just a coincidence but figured I would look into... Sure enough that was what fixed it.
I have been having it go off...I went out and reset the light, then moved the seat up like you did and it hasn't gone off yet :D Thanks!

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
This worked for a week then came back on. Tried again another week. Then it got to the point that it wouldnt reset.

Long story short I ignored it for 2 years. Wife had an incident with the armada involving a body shop etc. Original shop said it was a bad seat belt retractor, then said it was a wiring harness and then i got the we cant fix it were sending it to nissan. 3 Airbag ECM's later they got one that fixed it lol.

261 - 280 of 318 Posts