Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

301 - 311 of 311 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Call dealer and they will charge $140.00 :eek: and it will take about two hours to diagnose. I wish there was a way i can diagnose, any tips?

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Just came back from the dealer and they say is the spiral cable, code B1049, after discount of 100, i will end up paying about $440.00 plus tax. that is not a bad price, i am going to shop around and see if i can get cheaper somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Question, It has probably already been addressed in prior pages but, if the light is reset and stays off, does that mean that the airbag system is functioning properly? or by resetting the light using the method described in this thread, does that just disable the light and the problem still exists in the system? OBD shows no codes. Thanks Tad

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Valid question. I doubt the system could be reset if there was an active fault present, so I’m going to say that it is functional if the light is out.

I’m more concerned about the airbags themselves, being about 14 years old in my car now.

Just got back from a 2500 mile road trip to Canada and back, and didn’t have to reset the system once!

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Just returned from a trip from Central Ca through Nevada, Idaho,Washington, and Oregon. A vintage wheat harvest in Eastern WA great fun.The light came on for the first time ever the morning we left, I did the reset that morning and it has not turned on since. Mine is an 06 110K miles Thanks Tad

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I ended up taking it to the dealer. Mine its a 08 and little things here and there are starting to brake. It is old man, you can either do it, there are some youtube videos, it is time consuming and you have to be careful, or just pay, i think i pay about 200 something. This reset thing that everyone keeps talking about works maybe for a few hours, then it goes back blinkin. Old cars what can i say.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Since some of you guys here are new owners I thought I'd save you a trip to the dealer once you start modifing your armada's. I'm not sure what set's it off (other than pulling things apart) but at some point you will likely end up with a flashing airbag sensor light. Here is how to reset it yourself.

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.
So I have done this procedure and it works but the light seems to come back on awhile later. Any idea's to why it would come back on?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Since some of you guys here are new owners I thought I'd save you a trip to the dealer once you start modifing your armada's. I'm not sure what set's it off (other than pulling things apart) but at some point you will likely end up with a flashing airbag sensor light. Here is how to reset it yourself.

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.
Thank you so much for posting this. It worked! I will definitely be back to this site

301 - 311 of 311 Posts