Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004 armada 4x4 will not start after I replace the flex plate, replaced the crank sensor and still no start, its getting fuel and spark, it turns over but doesnt start at all what could be the issue? Thank you in advance!

·
Administrator
6,188 Posts
if it was able to start prior to your mod, go back and recheck your steps and make sure everything is tight and plugged up. no pinched cables.

if you do that and you still have the issue, if you have a scan tool see if there are any codes.

if not, some possibilities,
-petrol pump
-nissan vehicle immobilizer system
-Brake Delta Stroke module
-battery/ground straps/battery cables
-IPDM

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if it was able to start prior to your mod, go back and recheck your steps and make sure everything is tight and plugged up. no pinched cables.

if you do that and you still have the issue, if you have a scan tool see if there are any codes.

if not, some possibilities,
-petrol pump
-nissan vehicle immobilizer system
-Brake Delta Stroke module
-battery/ground straps/battery cables
-IPDM
thanks for responding I scanned it it kept saying crankshaft sensor so i replaced it twice still no luck could it possibly be the starter? I replaced that also along with the flex plate

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
thanks for responding I scanned it it kept saying crankshaft sensor so i replaced it twice still no luck could it possibly be the starter? I replaced that also along with the flex plate
You.ve been at this for 14 days now... What made you replace all the items you mentioned on your original post? If you are still pulling a crankshaft sensor fault... replaced it twice. Then it most likely be in your wiring.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You.ve been at this for 14 days now... What made you replace all the items you mentioned on your original post? If you are still pulling a crankshaft sensor fault... replaced it twice. Then it most likely be in your wiring.
I replaced the flex plate because the tooth on it broke after that it wouldn’t start so the mechanic said to replace the crankshaft sensor

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Did you do the work yourself?

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Why don’t you, your mechanic, whoever is doing the work pull the intake manifold off and inspect the starter. For the flex plate to break like that says a bad or stuck starter drive is the reason why that happened.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why don’t you, your mechanic, whoever is doing the work pull the intake manifold off and inspect the starter. For the flex plate to break like that says a bad or stuck starter drive is the reason why that happened.
yeah we took the starter out and replaced it with a new one but we’ll see I had it towed to the shop to diagnose it thanks everyone for responding

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
yeah we took the starter out and replaced it with a new one but we’ll see I had it towed to the shop to diagnose it thanks everyone for responding
Keep us posted. You don’t see or hear too many issues with these trucks related to flex plate issues.
I’ve only seen this happen once that wasn’t because of a stuck starter drive. The bolts on the torque converter of my friends’s Mustang weren’t bolted down correctly and was missing some alignment dowel pin(s).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Keep us posted. You don’t see or hear too many issues with these trucks related to flex plate issues.
I’ve only seen this happen once that wasn’t because of a stuck starter drive. The bolts on the torque converter of my friends’s Mustang weren’t bolted down correctly and was missing some alignment dowel pin(s).
Just got the car back from the shop the mechanic said there was an aftermarket alarm that disabled the car, also something about the torque converter and transmission was bad, i doubt the transmission was bad but he replaced everything, only costed me an arm and a leg lol bit its back and running now thanks everyone. does anyone know how the fuel bracket is suppose to mount? Mines have 4 holes but there are only 2 studs sticking out of the firewall

1 - 10 of 10 Posts