Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey peeps!
I’m curious on everyone’s opinions on your favorite bulbs for the OE fog light housings. I switched to a yellow LED, and they’re great in fog (it’s in the name, I get it), but I’m looking for something brighter with a longer range.
What are y’all using?? I’m also not partial to LED necessarily.
Thanks y’all!

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
No aftermarket bulb will increase the actual range output. Range is limited to the actual design of the fog; whether reflective or projector.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
What gen truck do you have. When I had my 04, I installed the Rigid Industries SAE/DOT legal fog lights. Hands down, the best output of any aftermarket fog light. Increased range, distance and width but it also had a sharp cutoff so it didn’t blind oncoming drivers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What gen truck do you have. When I had my 04, I installed the Rigid Industries SAE/DOT legal fog lights. Hands down, the best output of any aftermarket fog light. Increased range, distance and width but it also had a sharp cutoff so it didn’t blind oncoming drivers.
I’ve got an ‘06 LE. I replaced the housings and bulbs last April. I also just put an additional set of LED spot/floods on. Going to post my pics of light location and switch install in another thread. I’m going to have to look into other options, but I really like the look of the OE lights now that they’re clear and new.

·
Registered
1 Posts
They were expensive, but I used Diode Dynamics. After trying others, I thought they seemed a bit better. Their $90 backup/reverse lights are ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
I installed HID fogs/low beams in my 2007. I am unaware of an LED which can match the output.

A few things to note:

1. They are bright but the aim does not blind oncoming drivers unless you are pointed up hill (like at a traffic light).
2. It was difficult to find the exact bulb size as the manual seemed to be wrong (I forgot what it was but note to check what bulbs you currently have in there).
3. Due to the longer length of the bulb, there was some melting/clouding of the plastic lens in the center near where the bulb is close to it.
4. They take a few seconds to warm up/come to full brightness.

I know LEDs have come a long way so maybe their brightness can match the HIDs. I run LEDs for my high beams and they have been pretty good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey peeps!
I’m curious on everyone’s opinions on your favorite bulbs for the OE fog light housings. I switched to a yellow LED, and they’re great in fog (it’s in the name, I get it), but I’m looking for something brighter with a longer range.
Thanks y’all!
I bought a set of these for my 2017 SL. They are amazing in the rain and fog. ZonCar H11 yellow 4000k LED. Got them on amazon for 23 dollars. Well worth it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey peeps!
Thanks y’all!
I run HID’s in my fogs. I felt the same way with LED’s. They’re bright but their range is a lil short. My 6k HID’s are brighter as well as they shoot wider & further. I rarely have to use my hi beams on dark roads cause of my fogs

·
Registered
1 Posts
Some LEDs from Vont for car lighting that I used shined in long-range mode as excellent spotlights. I adjusted them to a warmer shade than sold in the store. Any LED bulb has a spectrum of colors that you can adjust and brightness mods. Maybe you just don't know how to tune your bulb's brightness or range? Some car owners add a magnifying glass to the headlight for range. I've never used such a tip, but many friends have heard about it. Try finding a detailed guide on YouTube about installing such stuff in a fog light. I think so because of your previous posts, bro. Do you like to experiment, right?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts