Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have yet to see someone do this mod without rewiring the power to a new switch from the fog light themselves. Can anyone provide the wiring schematic for the steering column, more in relation to the headlight/fog wires?

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
It's not that simple. The light switches do not controll the lights directly. The switches control low voltage/current signals into the computer in the BCM. The BCM then turns on/off relays to control the lights. The stock fog light switch and related wiring will not handle the necessary power, even if you could rewire it. If you want to control the fog lights to turn on/ off in a different manner than stock you will have to do wiring/switching independent of the stock fog light switch. This can be done by adding a additional switch/relay and wiring to control the fogs directly or in conjuction with the park lights, low beams (as stock) or hi beams. It's just a matter of what you want.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew someone was gonna say that. I guess I'll look into rewiring the fog directly from the fog lights. Oh well. Thanks for the info scr!!!

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I think I did this with my old Maxima a few years ago. Just cut the fog wire and splice it to the parking lights. There should be a box under the hood with a general diagram.

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
If you do it this way the fuse (and wiring)for the parking lights may not be able to handle the extra load of the fog lights.(about another 5 amps). However you could add a relay for the fog lights (properly fused), and have the parking lights activate the relay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts