Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Armada Platinum with less than 30K miles on it, yet the exterior folding mirrors (both sides) have a developed a slight amount of slack while in the open/out position. Both mirrors operate just fine, but when they come to rest in the open/out position, they can still be moved freely a slight amount. The slack equates to about an 1/8" of movement at the outermost edge of each housing (the moveable part) . Just enough to cause the mirror to shake with road irregularities, enough to catch the eye.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, is there an adjustment and/or easy fix of some sort?

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would think there would be some sort of stop limit adjustment to set the travel, but I haven't found anything yet. While examining the housings a little closer, I did notice there is a groove exposed when the mirrors are folded in, and the outermost flat inside the groove on each of my mirrors appears to be worn/indented a slight amount. I'm wondering if that groove is a guide or stop/rest of some sort, and if the wear is the cause of the movement when the mirrors are completely folded out. If the groove, or worm gears, is/are actually "worn" it sure would seem abnormal, the Armada has just shy of 27K miles (I bought it new), and I really have not used the mirror folding option very much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts