Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

Just thought I'd share with you the progress of our Titan project as we start to build the truck for 2009 SEMA and various other events, meets, car shows, races, etc throughout the year!

We will also have the vehicle on display here at the dealership. It will be used for various testing and demo rides as well!

Here's couple of sneak peak photos now in stock form. It will soon overtake a complete transformation into a Pre-Runner Truck! It's current use is a tow rig for my personal race car as well as my daily driver.

We are happy to announce confirmation that we will be partnering with:

Superchips
Injen
N-Fab
Anarchy Eyewear
Truck Covers USA
Wilco
Retaks
Mothers
Memphis Audio
and many others to come!

As we build the truck, I will be posting updates and pictures leading up to our big show, SEMA!!!

Scott

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
that stock Titan needs some lovin, pretty embarassing in it's current form haulin a race car. Can't wait for the tranformation, plus it'll give us some more options and ideas.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah...it was purchased to pull the race car two years ago. Never had any plans to build it, all my money went into the car/moneypit. I felt now would be a good time to start this project...it serves two purposes now. I will continue to leave updates as the build progresses for you all!

Scott

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK...here's the first installment!

I've been struggling to decide what route I was going to take with my lift, how high to go, what components to use, etc. Because just like everyone else, I'm building this project with a very strict budget in mind. Now remember, this is not a company truck, nor is it a demo vehicle...this is my PERSONAL vehicle that I am building. With SEMA just around the corner, we have very little time for dilly dallying!!! It just so happens that my tech Chris Heimburg has a friend getting rid of his CST 4" Spindle lift with front leveling spacers up front and blocks and Bilsteins in the rear. Timing couldn't be more perfect. The price was right, and it had to come off the truck today anyways. So as it comes off one truck, it's getting installed on mine! This will be a good start for now to get the truck up in the air to clear the 35/12.5/18's that are coming! Future plans are to upgrade to coilovers in front and improve on the rear (haven't quite decided that route yet).

Here are some pics with both the donor truck and mine in the shop. Chris is working hard now to make this all happen as I have to hit the road at 3am to head to Spring Mountain Raceway for our Redline Time Attack race this weekend. I will be out of the office tomorrow and back to the grind first thing Monday mornin!!!

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Install complete! A big thanks to Chris Heimburg for the install! Chris does great work and is my go to guy for all of our mod installs!!!

It looks a little funny now with the stock wheels...but wheels and tires are coming in the next couple of weeks! Stay tuned for more updates...

Scott

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Perfect height for a Pre-Runner, some beefy wheels and tires and you're well on your way.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
N-Fab bars just arrived!!!

Wheel to Wheel Nerf Bars:

N-fabs Wheel 2 Wheel nerf steps have the main bar extend from wheel well opening to wheel well opening for a more finished and complete look.
- The 4 step wheel 2 wheel is our original product that has made N-fab the industry leader in the Hoop Step product category.
- As with all of our step product it is patented and protected by multiple patents owned by N-fab principals.
- The main bar is positioned high and tight for better aesthetics and so it will hide the exposed frame you can see under the truck.
- Hade using heavy-duty laser cut components and constructed to be a long lasting product that will stand up to all a real truck user can throw at it.
- Manufactured using .084 wall corrosion protected tubing compression bent to achieve an extra tight 45-degree bend on the ends.
- All welded one-piece construction for a strong no flex part that you don�t have to assemble just a supplied bolt kit is all you need to install.
- Standard Finish is a Zink base coat with a High Gloss Black Finish Coat for a high quality corrosion protected finish that will outlast the other step product on the market.

Pre-Runner Bumper:

Designed to compliment and work in conjunction with all N-fab�s off road style of products.
- Mounts directly to the rear factory bumper.
- Products the rear bumper minor collision damages.
- N-fabs Rear-Runner configuration will hold two 5 to 6 inch rear facing lights. Great for hooking up trailers and RVs
- Rear Runner has a repositioning mount for the rear facing license plate
- Manufactured using 095 wall race car tubing with models fitting most late model pickups and SUVs
- Standard color is a Zink base coat with a high gloss black finish coat for high quality corrosion protection and long product life.
- Color matching and Textured black are available for an additional cost

When we get these bars installed...I will post em up!!!

Scott

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok Guys!!!

A Big Thank YOU to Superchips for getting involved with this project. Superchips provided us with their Flashpaq! It just arrived today!

Superchips Flashpaq -- The best bang for your buck!!
Superchips Flashpaq is Carl Edwards performance on a five-dollar foot long budget.

Flashpaq will get you into the game faster than having Johnny Depp as your wingman. Choose from multiple power levels and a variety of user-tunable options. If you’re burning gasoline, Flashpaq gives you dyno-proven power for either 89- or 91-octane, so you can choose according to your gas-card balance and need for speed. Diesel burners can choose from max-performance, towing or economy programs. Tire smoking comes standard for all makes and models.

There’s no hard part in the business that will give you more power per dollar. But if you like hard parts, Flashpaq is friendly with almost every cold-air intake package, low-restriction exhaust system and even some aftermarket throttle bodies.

Superchips Flashpaq is the number one selling programmer, period. Find out why 85-percent of our customers say they would buy from Superchips again or recommend us to a friend.

I can't wait to get this thing installed on the truck...my drive home should be a little bit faster! :teethmast

The Superchips Flashpaq is available for sale on our website here:
Nissan Performance Aftermarket Parts | Nismo | Nissan Racing Parts

From your loyal Forum Sponsor,

Scott

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We also received a set of headlights and tail-lights from Anzo!

Headlights

C.A.D. - Computer designed for innovative trend setting design
Changes the look of the vehicle in 30 minutes
New application for most makes and models
All D.O.T. compliant to FMVSS-108
OEM Style weather tight connections and wire harnessess
Simply plug and play

L.E.D Taillights

Use less power and emits almost no heat
Are resistant to vibration and shock - better for off road
Offers superior brightness
All D.O.T. compliant to FMVSS-108
OEM Style weather tight connections and wire harnessess
Simply plug and play

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hanneman Flared Fenders are here!!!!

These things are sexy!!! 5" Bulge fiberglass fenders to fit my big 35" tires (that I don't have yet). We will be test fitting them and then sending off to paint!

You too can purchase Hanneman Flared Fenders for YOUR truck right here:
Nissan Performance Aftermarket Parts | Nismo | Nissan Racing Parts

From your loyal Forum Sponsor

Scott

·
SHIFT_Moderator
12,993 Posts
Looking good Scott!!!! :thumbup:

FWIW, you can add onto that 4" lift and make it into a 6.5" lift w/o spending much more money because you've already installed the expensive part. Some aftermarket UCAs will be the highest priced piece.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Those flares are dead sexxxxy... That's going on my wish list. Post up some pics when you have them on and painted Scott!

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
You'd better start looking for wheels and tires. It'll look awful goofy with lift, flares, nerf bars and those little whimpy donuts. LOL. Taken some serious shape though, great choice of accessories and donations.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oooh the headlights! :2cool: on my list!
I should have these on the site and available for sale today...anybody interested in a group buy????

Looking good Scott!!!! :thumbup:

FWIW, you can add onto that 4" lift and make it into a 6.5" lift w/o spending much more money because you've already installed the expensive part. Some aftermarket UCAs will be the highest priced piece.
Thanks Pops! It's already at that with the spacer on there now! I'm working with another company at the moment to see if we can get UCA's and shocks as well!

Those flares are dead sexxxxy... That's going on my wish list. Post up some pics when you have them on and painted Scott!
Will do!!! Paint probably next week. Fenders are available for purchase on our site as well!

You'd better start looking for wheels and tires. It'll look awful goofy with lift, flares, nerf bars and those little whimpy donuts. LOL. Taken some serious shape though, great choice of accessories and donations.
Thanks for the compliments!!! Wheels are on order already...American Racing is providing us wheels for SEMA. We should have tires in the next couple of weeks as well!

Scott

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
I should have these on the site and available for sale today...anybody interested in a group buy????
I could be tempted...details please

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, Last night I was feeling motivated, so we installed the N-Fab wheel to wheel bars, the N-Fab Rear Runner, and the Anzo Tail lights.

The N-Fab stuff went right on without issues! Very simple installation...so easy, a caveman can do it! ;)

The Anzo lights definately look much better...full LED in the rear is nice!

Tomorrow I'm headed down to San Diego to visit Truck Covers USA. They will be installing my bed cover...they said it takes about an hour to install. Once finished, it will hold up to 350lbs...I can walk on it!!! :huh:

This is what it will look like:

Sunday we should have the Hanneman Fender Flares and Anzo Headlights!

Until next time!

Scott

1 - 20 of 43 Posts