Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
those tails just plug and play? You're gonna make my wife very angry, she thinks I spend way to much time and money on my 'Mada. I need a sponser.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
those tails just plug and play? You're gonna make my wife very angry, she thinks I spend way to much time and money on my 'Mada. I need a sponser.

Yes they are! Took me about 10 minutes to do both!

I'm hoping to have them on the website by tomorrow! I was just swamped today, so I will be in to finish up a few things!

p.s. tell the wife I said I'm sorry!

Scott

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Time for the next installment of Project Fontana Nissan Titan -- SEMA Build!!

Saturday morning I made the trip down to Truck Covers USA in San Diego, CA. I was met by Nils Forssman, President of Truck Covers USA. Nils took me for a tour of their warehouse, showed me all the great things they can do, the benefits of their truck covers, and watched them install the truck cover onto my own truck...total install time of less than an hour!!!

Words cannot express how nice this top is...I still couldn't believe that I could walk on the darn thing...LOL!!!

Here's a little info about the covers:

Fit
The American Roll Cover is designed to expertly fit virtually every make and model of pickup truck sold today. Our roll cover has been uniquely engineered to adapt to roll bars, and accommodate both factory and aftermarket accessories. Simply stated, the American Roll Cover will fit your truck like a glove!

Durability
The American Roll Cover is double wall constructed using strong, lightweight
aluminum. The cover alone is able to support an incredible +500lbs! In an effort to reduce scratching, the cover is finished with an attractive and durable textured powder coating. Finally, a unique, flex-tube water drain system and wider side rail seals ensure that unfavorable weather conditions will not lead to rust, or mechanical problems. Our American Roll Cover is designed to increase the durability of your truck. We are so confident that we offer an unheard of 2-year warranty!

Security
If you did not worry about protecting your cargo, you would not be carrying it with you. The American Roll Cover features a specialized locking system that keeps your load safe and your truck bed secure. Whether you are driving down the road, or browsing the shelves of the local hardware store, your cargo will be where you left it and in the condition you left it in.

Convenience
The American Roll Cover is cleverly designed to accommodate various cargo needs. The retractable cover is tension driven for ease of movement, and has an automatic stop and lock point every 12 inches. This means you have the option of an open truck bed, a closed truck bed, or a partially open truck bed to provide just the right amount of cargo coverage and security anytime.

FEATURES

• Built on experience: We took an already great truck cover and made it better! Our covers have been working for truck owners for over ten years. The American Roll Cover has been successful in all weather conditions, and has been used to protect every conceivable cargo. Your feedback has been invaluable during this process! Our innovative research and design team has been hard at work striving to make the best cover better. Redesigned for the discerning truck owner, driven by consumer feedback, made in the USA - the result is an evolution of perfection!

• Easy to install: Our roll cover is designed to install in 1 Hour or less. This will minimize down time in an effort to maximize production.

• Secure closure of load body: Worry free security! The secure locking system ensures that the cargo you leave in the truck bed will be in the truck bed when you need it.

• Strong, robust structure: Our designers wanted a cover that was strong enough to meet your needs. The result is a strong, yet lightweight, aluminum cover with double walled sections.

• Superior Style: Wait until you see our cover on your truck! The high quality, textured powder coating and low-profile lid gives our cover a ‘notch above the rest’ look.

• Easy to operate: Save your efforts for the task at hand! The retractable cover is tension driven and expertly adjusted to allow for ease when opening and closing.

• Minimal servicing required: Keep the cover clean and it will last – it’s as simple as that!

• Heavy-duty clamps: We could not find the exact clamps we needed, so we designed and manufacture them ourselves!

• Textured powder coated finish: Our textured powder coating makes our cover more scratch resistant than any other. Today’s pickup trucks are stronger and more luxurious than they used to be. Our special finish is designed to add strength when you work and looks when you play.

• 2-year Warranty: We wanted to show you how confident we are in our cover with our full 2-Year Warranty. You will not find this level of product confidence anywhere else.

• Weather resistant: While no one can claim to make a 100% waterproof retractable tonneau cover - our extra wide side rail seals and 4-way drainage system improve the weather seal between our cover and your truck bed like none other.

• Canister lid: Like the cover sections, the lid is constructed of double sectioned, lightweight aluminum and finished with our textured powder coating. The result is a low-profile lid with unmatched strength and durability.

• Strongest canister: Our canister is constructed of heavy-duty galvanized sheet metal. It might be the smallest on the market (8x8 inches) but it’s the strongest. The sides of the canister and mounting brackets are a one-piece construction that reduces flex, increases strength and cuts down on installation time.

• Locks every 12 inches: We know your truck cover needs are not always as simple as opened or closed. Our ingenious locking system provides an automatic stop and lock point every 12 inches!

• New Keyless Entry: Our new Keyless Entry option provides very convenient access to your load. Remember, this is an add-on option and not standard equipment – so be sure to ask for it. Our Keyless Entry release handle enables you to open your cover simply by releasing your tailgate and pulling on the custom-made molded plastic handle. It gives you the keyless freedom you may demand from time to time. Customers asked – we responded!

• Bottom line: The American Roll Cover is the toughest, best-looking, retractable aluminum cover available today!

Proof of the impossible!:

Until next time!!!

Scott

·
Premium Member
2,734 Posts
Can't wait for more

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
that's at least one upgrade I can't use on the Mada!

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Went to lunch and came back with these!!!!

35x12.5x18 Nitto Mud Grapplers!!!

The Nitto Mud Grappler Extreme Terrain provides reliable off-road traction over various terrains, whether its dirt, rocks or mud. The massive side-lugs and 3-ply polyester sidewall construction add more protection to help prevent sidewall punctures when facing the most challenging off-road obstacles. The Mud Grappler is engineering using state of the art manufacturing processes that ensure optimal tire uniformity and quality. The Mud Grappler Extreme Terrain tire can handle anything you throw at it!

I can't wait to install these big boys...its really going to finish off this build nicely!!!

From your loyal forum sponsor,

Scott

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
My Titan is in the shop now. Our techs Jesse and Marco are installing my Anzo Headlights and Hanneman Flared Fenders. Jesse is no stranger to working on modified trucks. He was one of our main techs specializing in lifting trucks at Performance Nissan when our owners ran the place. Jesse's skills were a huge asset to our company, so we brought him over here when they bought Fontana Nissan. Marco specializes in our used cars and has experience in working with every make and model vehicle. In fact, he was able to fix my girlfriend's Miata yesterday!

Here's some pics from the install...they are still out there working hard!

Thanks for listening!

Scott

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
Wow Scott, These are massive tires, and the front fenders looks awesome, looks like you had everyone in the shop working on it, not just Chris. ;)
Looking forward for the finished results. :cool:

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Fenders and headlights are on! We are going to have work on the fenders a little more to make them fit just right...but all in all, they were pretty close for aftermarket fenders!!!

A huge thanks to our techs Jesse and Marco for staying late to finish these for me! I'm so glad I didn't try this on my own! LOL!

Gonna head home for the night...time for dinner!!!

Until next time!

Scott

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
^^^ agreed!!! Those headlights might be the ones for me. Which bulbs are in them?? Got tails to match?

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Sorry for the delay guys!

The headlights come with the bulbs included...and they work great!!!

Unfortunately, they don't make taillights for the Armada yet :(

I should have the headlights up on our site today!

Scott

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Hello Everyone! I haven't posted in a while...I've been suffering from SEMA-itis. We received some goodies the last couple of days.

First of all, Hanneman Fiberglass borrowed the truck last week to develop extension pieces for their flared fenders so it makes a nice transition with the stock bumper! Here's a before and after shot of this:

You'll notice here how wide these bad boys are!!

The new transition piece really finished it off well.

No off-road truck is complete without a good set of lights...KC Hi-lites came in with a pair of 5" flood lights for the rear, and 3 9" lights for the front:

We started putting on graphics...but had some painting to do first...graphics will be complete by Saturday.

Installed the rear fender flares from Bushwacker last night...it should look a lot better once we install the big wheels/tires:

We received our Tiregate from Wilco. Hoping to install it tonite! This is what it looks like:

We are hoping to pick up wheels tomorrow from RBP...gotta get those Mud Grapplers installed and aligned on the truck! They are gettin lonely!

We have a couple more items coming as well... optima battery and husky liners!

Until next time!

Scott

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
It's finished...for now ;)

Sitting right at the entrance to SEMA. Here are a few shots of the Titan and Frontier sitting next to each other! I have more pics of the Frontier since he put the decals on...just haven't had time to upload them yet! Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
WOW! That has to be one of the sickest Titans i've ever seen! Loving the wheel and tire combo bro. Theres only one thing i would change about your truck and that is put Big Tow Mirrors on there.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts