Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there - I just read in one of your posts, that after receiving the so called "permanent fix", your rotors are warped again after 2000 miles? Tell me this isn't so! If that is the case, I know my husband will be ready to file a Lemon Law claim. He is so FRUSTRATED, as am I. We just had the rotors turned last month, and the shake is starting yet again. This is the 5th time, and we barely have 10,000 miles. They told me the last time I had them turned there was only a little bit left to resurface, but it was still within Nissan's parameters. NO WAY..... let me know what you plan to do as well my friend. Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
I'm afraid it's true. I haven't been able to get the Nissan arbitration guy to call me back (I've called him numerous times now) to confirm that they installed the new rotors like he told me.. The guy was constantly telling me the parts were the "unreleased" parts and that it would totally fix my problem.

After 2k miles, the brakes are shaking like hell. WTF!! This time I'm going to see if I can't get them to just cut me a check for $1300 or so and get the Stillen brake kit.

It sucks ass, because I've got tons of mods (custom stereo, dash kit, etc. etc.) and the last thing I want to do is start over. It's taken me a year of pretty much every weekend killing rattles to get it to a point that is satisfactory, so ??

As for the lemon law, I think it actually would be better to go through the BBB. Less paperwork and I know others have had very good results so far.

Keep me posted with your progress as well...

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh man... that is not good news. I was SO HAPPY to hear that Nissan had the problem fixed. Here I am with another judder starting up, and totally thought my next visit would give me the so called permanent fix. I really do not know what else to do here, other than go the BBB route, as you have recommended. I belive that Nissan should just give you the $1300. They would lose more money if you ended up giving back the vehicle. You have put so much work into your Armada, that I really do hope that they agree. By the way I checked out the pics of your Armada.... NICE!!! Keep us updated. I am going to call consumer affairs right now and bitch a little. :(

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
An update,

I spoke with Ken Carter again (Nissan arbitration guy) today. He was very helpful and apologized all over himself. Seems my dealer took the permanent fix parts and must've used them elsewhere, and did the old TSB on my Armada.

He is sending a Nissan rep (to another dealer- I'll never go back to where I purchased again) and the rep is going to do the installation of the new parts himself. I also managed to get him to go ahead and send the TSB parts for my window rattles too.

So hang in there Deararmada- it's been my experience that Nissan will work with you. Once you get through the red tape, that is. If you file a BBB or lemon law claim you will be put in touch with Nissan arbitration. Ken has been pretty helpful so far, and even confirmed to me today that if these parts don't work they will repurchase the vehicle. I just want it fixed...

:)

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the update. I am happy to hear that you were given the old update and not the new one. I mean that is FRUSTRATING that you were told you got it and you didn't, but glad to hear that the reason you are having the problem again is not becasue the new fix was a dud. That is good news. I called over to the consumer affairs department and my rep said that I should be able to get the new parts in mid April or early May. She said that she has some on request for me with the dealer. We shall see. Please keep me updated and I will do the same! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts