Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For Sale 24" Wheels/tires

24" Mht Driv Chrome Wheels With 305/35/24 Cooper Tires. Only 2 Months Old. Put A Lift On Truck And Turned It Into Work Truck. Asking $3500. Willing To Take The $2,000 Dollar Loss. Will Negotiate With Serious Buyers Only. I WILL E MAIL A PICTURE OF THE WHEEL TO YOU IF YOU GIVE ME YOUR E MAIL ADDRESS. OR CALL MY CELL AT 813-841-3192
THANKS
-NEIL
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,363 Posts
You bought rims and tires for $5500?
Mine were $2200 new. Guess that's another reason besides better gas mileage (lighter rolling weight), handling (24" and 26" just bounce you off the road), traction (in rain, snow or dirt), and durability(potholes, curbs etc.) why to get 20" over 24" or worse still, 26". Then you could lift the truck and get a new exhaust for the same price you paid. Sorry, but I'm all go no show, instead of all show no go.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
92TripleBlack said:
You bought rims and tires for $5500?
Mine were $2200 new. Guess that's another reason besides better gas mileage (lighter rolling weight), handling (24" and 26" just bounce you off the road), traction (in rain, snow or dirt), and durability(potholes, curbs etc.) why to get 20" over 24" or worse still, 26". Then you could lift the truck and get a new exhaust for the same price you paid. Sorry, but I'm all go no show, instead of all show no go.
:awesome: DONT HATE THE PLAYER HATE THE GAME. YOU ARE STUCK IN TIME GET UP TO DATE. FORD TRUCKS ARE TO BE LIFTED. MY WORK TRUCK WILL RUN CIRCLES OVER AND AROUND YOUR ARMADA. AN ARMADA IS AN SUV. I HAVE A 2005 ARMADA AND MY WORK TRUCK IS A 05 FORD 350 TWIN TURBO DIESEL WITH A TOTAL LIFT OF 18" OH DID I MENTION ITS A DUALLY. YOU DO THE MATH
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,363 Posts
SHAKDUP1 said:
:awesome: DONT HATE THE PLAYER HATE THE GAME. YOU ARE STUCK IN TIME GET UP TO DATE. FORD TRUCKS ARE TO BE LIFTED. MY WORK TRUCK WILL RUN CIRCLES OVER AND AROUND YOUR ARMADA. AN ARMADA IS AN SUV. I HAVE A 2005 ARMADA AND MY WORK TRUCK IS A 05 FORD 350 TWIN TURBO DIESEL WITH A TOTAL LIFT OF 18" OH DID I MENTION ITS A DUALLY. YOU DO THE MATH
:confused: Whatever that means. SUV is a pickup with a back seat instead of a bed. Armada is a Titan, with a 3rd row of seats. Same as an F150. Cars drive fast, trucks go places cars can't, carry stuff, and tow stuff. I got an Armada so I could go off road, tow, and do long road trips to ski resorts. I would have gotten a truck but I needed a 3rd row and I can always to a trailer instead of having a bed so it was more practical.

No such thing as a sport truck. This is a sports car wannabe and not worth my time. 18" is a little excessive for a lift. Seems like you just want big, not practical. I make and recommend mods that add utility, enhance the inate abilities of the rig. Ex. A car would benefit from low profile tires, lowering, etc. Trucks with this stuff, no matter how well done, can't match a stock basic car. Lowering a truck, putting on low profile tires to me makes as much sense as adding 4x4 and raising a corvette.

Not sure why you would raise a duelie unless you wanted to just make something big. Maybe to compensate? Who cares? All show, no go. Duelies are made for towing. 18" of lift will just make it tippy. I would be more impressed if you had a cool banks setup on it, 5th wheel, and a cool winch bumper and you used it to pull a cool boat or something.
Sorry, but I don't get it still. :confused:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,363 Posts
andy said:
What's wrong with a raised Vette? :)
exactly. Just as desirable. :rolleyes:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7 Posts
92TripleBlack,
I think you should keep your comments to yourself and mind your own business. What you like, may not be what someone else likes and vice versa. Why make negative comments? I belong to many different boards, and I can say that your comments make me dislike this one.

RickC
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,363 Posts
RickC said:
92TripleBlack,
I think you should keep your comments to yourself and mind your own business. What you like, may not be what someone else likes and vice versa. Why make negative comments? I belong to many different boards, and I can say that your comments make me dislike this one.

RickC
And I care? This is your 3rd post here troll. If I liked them I would have positive comments. If you don't like it, don't read my posts. I don't care. I belong to at least 10 boards and speak my mind on all of them. My posting name is the same on every one. I also speak it face to face with people too.

EX. Today I told someone I was with that a Celica we were walking by was a joke with a fart pipe. The guy heard and said that's an $80k Celica that does 7 seconds. I looked, and I guess he meant 7 seconds 0-60. Small tires, no roll cage, no chute, full interior. You need a full dedicated race car to get close. Kid is living in an appartment and in his early 20s. No way he put $80k into a car. So I asked him what it had, he said what doesn't it have. I asked again what he had under the hood, he was silent. So I continued to berate it and call it a POS in front of him and his friend.

Sorry, I'm from NYC. I call it like I see it. I don't hold any punches, comments, or criticism, and don't expect any held back from me. You should see some of the other boards I'm on. The PWC one gets ugly when the Stand-up guys mix it with the sit-down guys. At least you had the balls to speak up and say you didn't like it. I can respect that. But I still don't like the wheels. :rolleyes:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7 Posts
Yep, only 3 posts. I found the forum while searching on Armada info. Trying to decide if I would rather have the Armada over the Sequoia. I was wanting the Armarda after driving one, but a little afraid of them with the problems listed. I can handle the brake situation, that isn't any big deal. But the rattles and squeaks would drive me insane and they are a pain to find and fix sometimes. I also have noticed they don't hold their value very well. I have been looking at many '04s in the low 30s with the tech package, sunroofs, and rear DVD. For a 48k vehicle, that's a hell of a drop in value for two years. Almost as bad as a Ford Expedition.

The sequoia isn't as powerful, or as tight in the corners, but these aren't race cars anyway, they are SUVs. I'm thinking of sticking with dependability and resale value.

Tired of taking these big hits every time I trade.

RickC
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
Hey Troll, just kidding, hey RickC,
I think many of us went through the same thought process as you are going through.
The way I see it is forget about resale value and comparing specs. Go test drive each one for 15-30 minutes.(If they let you)

You will be stuck with this vehicle for years. Don't settle for boring ride. Even if the resale is better. Go get a Honda Accord for that. The Armada does piss me off with the rattles and stuff, but everytime I step on the gas pedal(power and sound), or someone compliments my Armada(great looking car, what is it?), I know why I chose it.

Trust me, you won't get either of those 2 driving a Sequoia, Expedition, or the Tahoe/Escalade/Yukon.

Also, I've been successful in eliminating ALL rattles now by following posts from ClubArmada. So I've got nothing to bitch about anymore. This forum has been the most helpful of any I've been on.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
165 Posts
92TB, Your a funny man. Look, everyone here knows your preference. Everytime some1 has a topic about wheels bigger than 20's your quick to let it be know why you are all go and no show. I respect the fact that your real opinionated when it comes to your stuff. The man is trying to sell an item and your quick to shoot down the auction with your comments. I dont think its so much the comment but how you come across it. Why even reply to the topic if you know damn well you aint for it. Look we all know your this big fan of trucks, Suv's and why it should remain with what ever you think it should have, But respect others preferences. You may know more about the damn thing than most which is great. We all should take some tips from you but be cool about it. I'm from Nor Cal and we have a little different taste than you boys out east. Theres some things about his topic i dont like, whether it be pricing, or whatever. But I'm not gonna kill the mans effort. Anyhow, keep it real, and stay up. Which I know you dont have a problem doing.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,214 Posts
Let's use this section/thread for what it is intended for. If you are interested in buying these wheels/tires post all you like. If you have questions for the seller then by all means post those questions. And the seller can answer those questions. Please don't make it hard for potential buyers and the seller to communicate by posting all these other comments.
Thanks!
SCR38
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
You bought rims and tires for $5500?
Mine were $2200 new. Guess that's another reason besides better gas mileage (lighter rolling weight), handling (24" and 26" just bounce you off the road), traction (in rain, snow or dirt), and durability(potholes, curbs etc.) why to get 20" over 24" or worse still, 26". Then you could lift the truck and get a new exhaust for the same price you paid. Sorry, but I'm all go no show, instead of all show no go.
Nobody cares. "You did that, I did this, you paid more, I paid less, I'm all go!" He's trying to sell some rims. He is not looking for feedback and the fact that you feel the need to speak your mind is a terrible reason to repeatedly go off on a tangent in every thread that mentions rims over 22 inches. People have been riding on big rims for a while now and if they had so many disadvantages they'd be long gone. The rims suit his needs. Just because he's got an Armada doesn't mean he is going to ever leave the asphalt nor is he required to do so. That's the main reason ninety-five percent of people buy large SUV's with three rows of seats - to haul people around. If the appearance of his truck is his main priority, then so be it. Big deal.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,707 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
And I care? This is your 3rd post here troll. If I liked them I would have positive comments. If you don't like it, don't read my posts. I don't care. I belong to at least 10 boards and speak my mind on all of them. My posting name is the same on every one. I also speak it face to face with people too.

EX. Today I told someone I was with that a Celica we were walking by was a joke with a fart pipe. The guy heard and said that's an $80k Celica that does 7 seconds. I looked, and I guess he meant 7 seconds 0-60. Small tires, no roll cage, no chute, full interior. You need a full dedicated race car to get close. Kid is living in an appartment and in his early 20s. No way he put $80k into a car. So I asked him what it had, he said what doesn't it have. I asked again what he had under the hood, he was silent. So I continued to berate it and call it a POS in front of him and his friend.

Sorry, I'm from NYC. I call it like I see it. I don't hold any punches, comments, or criticism, and don't expect any held back from me. You should see some of the other boards I'm on. The PWC one gets ugly when the Stand-up guys mix it with the sit-down guys. At least you had the balls to speak up and say you didn't like it. I can respect that. But I still don't like the wheels. :rolleyes:
lol 92T.B. is the man haha...his comments actually make sense in my opinion..but tis' all good...btw are the rims still for sale? and hit some pics up
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
156 Posts
yeah man i'm following 92TB's logic on this one, not to perpetuate this girlish bickering. but anyway, before you both start taking your diapers off and slingin $hit, send a pic of the rims to [email protected] if you still have them.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top