Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, good luck. I put a complete system in my Armada- including head unit, two 12's and replaced all the door speakers. It was a pain in the ass and I would not do it again.

That said, the system sounds killer so I'm glad it's over. Today, I finally decided to take care of one my last issues. I had been having trouble with radio reception, and after a little research realized that the antenna(s) in the rear windows need power to operate. Started off by grounding my head unit to the battery- hoping that it would fix my reception issue as well as eliminate my (very minor) alternator whine. No go.

After a couple of trips to radio shack to stock back up on some connectors and electrical stuff, turns out I had hooked up my amp (as usual) to the blue signal (turn on) wire. Nissan's power antenna wire is blue as well. Sure enough, it wasn't connected. I simply spliced (with a connector) into the signal wire and presto! Killer radio reception.

So don't forget to hook up your power antenna lead!

Now, back to rattle chasing.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Thanks for the info... I'm debating on what parts of the system I want to replace. I've blown the center speaker (Bose system - even though I was under the assumption that Bose sets their equipment up to NOT blow speakers, but what was I expecting for $750?), and I'm thinking about a complete replace save the head unit.. wonder how well that will work.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well

The head unit was actually one of the easier parts. The hardest was running the power and ground and new wires for all the speakers into the doors.

I did have to wait a couple of months for a custom brushed aluminum bezel cover for a single din radio (edashkit.com will hook you up) but overall the audio install was worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
m4ck
Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
Club Armada is the premier Nissan Armada forum! Here you can discuss and review your favorite SUV with fellow owners.
Full Forum Listing