Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 25 foot toy box that weighs 5000 dry and fully loaded about 7800 lbs. i do have a wd hitch that came with the deal from a private seller. i have noticed at time going around corners that the "splip" light comes and the mada applies brakes to the gripping tire inorder to maintain control. what could be causing this problem?is it that the hitch and wd are not set up at he proper hieght? proper weight distribuition in the trailer? any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
morpheus said:
i have a 25 foot toy box that weighs 5000 dry and fully loaded about 7800 lbs. i do have a wd hitch that came with the deal from a private seller. i have noticed at time going around corners that the "splip" light comes and the mada applies brakes to the gripping tire inorder to maintain control. what could be causing this problem?is it that the hitch and wd are not set up at he proper hieght? proper weight distribuition in the trailer? any help would be great.
Sounds like you may have the rear of the mada adjusted to high as when turning the natural body roll may lift that inside tire enough to lose grip and cause the slip light to come on. May want to adjust the rear so it's .5" to .75" lower than the front end.

Don't know for sure but that may be the situation.

Good luck and have a good one.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
I am of the opposite thought, I think your front is too light. I am thinking ether you need more tension on your wd bars or beefier wd bars.

When you hitch up you should just get the hitch hovering on your ball without putting the trailer weight on your truck, then set the tension on the bars before the weight has sunk the rear down. You should have ~ 1k# bars on for your setup, you might want to check that too.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when the trailer is connected it seems like everything is level. it doesn't look like the rear of the car sits lower or any higher. i will try to changing the tension on the wd bars. i do have 1k bars but not sure how good they are. its the type that uses chain links to adjust the tension.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
morpheus said:
when the trailer is connected it seems like everything is level. it doesn't look like the rear of the car sits lower or any higher. i will try to changing the tension on the wd bars. i do have 1k bars but not sure how good they are. its the type that uses chain links to adjust the tension.
I have the same ones. But the big question remains, do you set the chain tension just BEFORE you land the weight on the truck hitch? This is important because it makes it much easier and safer to tension the bars more than if you do it after the weight is on the truck. Keep a mental note of what link of the chain you put over the tension hooks, I color code mine with a sharpie to help me keep track of what I have tried and what works..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.