Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I own a 2003 Fully loaded Eddie Baur Expedition presently. I have replace front brakes 3 times rear twice since during my 2.5 years of ownership... I also have had Sunroof leaks, leaks around the "O*#*#" handles (don't ask) and the Advance Track system is alway on the blink. To make the matter worse my car was in the Service Dept. for over a month & they literally fogot they had it... So with all said I NEVER WISH TO SEE ANOTHER FORD!!!

So I was looking & test drove the Armada's today, and truly loved the looks & handling. When talking with the sales guy, he mentioned to me he just had a trade in on a 2004 fully loaded Armada with a nice price to it. So I took it for a test spin and notice as soon as I applied the brakes the shimmey & rattle in the steering. This really concerned me because of my past brake issues with my Ford. When I asked him & the Sales Manager if this was a typical problem with Armada's they replied no not that they were aware of. However, then said the rotors were warped & needed replacing. Well, I searched the internet for info. & found this forum and have seen multiple complaints & possible fixes. I'm just concerned since they flat out LIED about the Armada's have brake or Rotor issues. ??? Unsure now what to do... Also, is it worth paying for a CARFAX???? I've never bought a used car before, but was tempted on the deal they were offering? Please someone give advise.
CONFUSED IN GEORGIA!!!

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
There have been problems with some Armadas and Titans with the front rotors warping. However Nissan has redesigned the rotors and are replacing them. It takes some time for the dealer to get the new parts, but the problems are being taken care of. Until they get the new rotors they are turning the warped rotors and replacing the pads and some other hardware. Nissan has also extended the warranty on the brakes. If the salespersons said they weren't aware of the problem they are either lying are incredibly dumb about their product. I haven't had any problems with my Armada (about 19,000 miles on it). Don't let the brake problem keep you from buying a good vehicle. But you may want to buy it from another dealer!

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
I have the permanent brake fix on my '04, and they're very, very nice. Braking is as it always should have been.

What concerns me about your post is that the guy lied straight up to you. I wouldn't worry about getting yourself into an Armada so much, but I don't know if I'd buy from that dealer per se. The guy was either ignorant or dishonest, but either way it's not good.

If you have the budget, you might want to just get a brand new '05. The 04's were the 1st model year, but things seemed have improved for '05 and if you can find one that just came off the line it likely will have the newest (fixed) brakes.

One thing's for sure though, you're going to love the Armada over your old Expedition. It's a way better vehicle. Let us know how your fare!

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I concur with adjmcloon, '04s as a first year had many more "glitches", but there are many happy customer's posting here with '04s.

scr38 is right on about the dealer, no question they are straight up lying. This is a 100% known issue with TSBs and extended warranties offered.

Armada's are great if you need the size, go for it. The only other large SUV I considerd was a Sequoia, and it was more $, a bit dated design, couldn't tow as much, wasn't as quick, didn't look as badA## and had the shifter on the "tree" like an old detroit junker.

Would touch the big "3" with a 10 foot pole. Although I often see them in my rearview mirror! :D

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Just to let you know, I bought an 04 about 3 weeks ago. I love it and it has 25K miles on it. I bought it private party so I saved a good deal but I would say go for it -only at another dealer. Or at least talk to the service manager to see if they are upfront.
I just had my 04 in because it felt like the right front claiper was hanging up and before I could get it to the dealer, it stopped. Howwever, they were really good about it. They said they got it to do it again and ordered a brake relay and fixed it.
While I was there I had the service writer run out everything that had been done on the car (previous owner took it there) and they did. I couldn't beleive how much they did for the first owner. They replaced the pads and rotors once but no other complaints on the brakes. More squeaks and rattles. The 04's had some issues with that and they fixed everything. They said my Armada is probably the quietest in Tucson!! I never had that kind of service with my Olds Bravada! They didn't warranty noises!!

As long as the dealer has a good rep for doing the work and not passing yo off, I think you will love the car - or as my co-workers call it - my SHIP!!!
RA

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I feel the need to buy the ARMADA :eek:)

justayear2004 said:
Just to let you know, I bought an 04 about 3 weeks ago. I love it and it has 25K miles on it. I bought it private party so I saved a good deal but I would say go for it -only at another dealer. Or at least talk to the service manager to see if they are upfront.
I just had my 04 in because it felt like the right front claiper was hanging up and before I could get it to the dealer, it stopped. Howwever, they were really good about it. They said they got it to do it again and ordered a brake relay and fixed it.
While I was there I had the service writer run out everything that had been done on the car (previous owner took it there) and they did. I couldn't beleive how much they did for the first owner. They replaced the pads and rotors once but no other complaints on the brakes. More squeaks and rattles. The 04's had some issues with that and they fixed everything. They said my Armada is probably the quietest in Tucson!! I never had that kind of service with my Olds Bravada! They didn't warranty noises!!

As long as the dealer has a good rep for doing the work and not passing yo off, I think you will love the car - or as my co-workers call it - my SHIP!!!
RA
Thanks for the reply, this forum has really helped!!! I plan to talk with the Service manager tomorrow. If he's honest & helpful in the situation I see buying the vehicle. It's a great deal!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts