Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. Is there a way to disable the factory alarm system??

I've had my 'mada for a couple of weeks now. Since I've brought it home the alarm system appears to get tripped randomly at night, and suredly when a truck rumbles by. I'm sure my neighbors have had enough of it (I'm in a townhouse complex) and I know I have.

I'll be calling the dealership in the morning but until I can bring it in I'd like to spare my neighbors.

Thanks,
Gilbert

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Had similar problems

I paid extra for a add on to the factory alarm, they did a code alarm factory upgrade that added a few extra features like shock and stuff but still retained the factory remotes. Anyways whenever it got colder out it would randomly go off usually in the middle of the night. I had the dealer try to fix it three times and they replaced the unit once. We took a trip from Arizona to Michigan and it went off at the Hotels at night and was a major pain in the rear end. I called them and got the instructions to put it into Valet mode for the rest of my trip and when I returned I demaded it be removed and my $699 be refunded. (When I say demanded, I asked them very nicely but firmly) The Finance director agreed to giving me back $250 and said that is what there cost is on the unit. I proceeded to demand the entire $699 back as this is what I paid for the unit. I explained to him politely that if I did not get my entire $699 back I would take him to small claims court. He offered me a free upgrade to lo-jack system which I declined. He then agreed to refund my $699 which I took and bought a real alarm system (2 way system). The one they put in my vehicle at the dealer retailed for $75 to $99 all over the Internet, so I was very happy to get a refund.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
You must have some additions that aren't part of the factory alarm. There is no motion sensor, etc. with the stock alarm. You'll have to go back to the dealer that had it installed and get them to fix it. ;)

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
92TripleBlack said:
You must have some additions that aren't part of the factory alarm. There is no motion sensor, etc. with the stock alarm. You'll have to go back to the dealer that had it installed and get them to fix it. ;)
Thanks for the tip Trip'. I indeed found this out after gong to my local dealership and was told that I would need to go back to where I purchased it from. So I went and found out that there is indeed a motion/vibration sensor installed. It was dialed back and I found out how to disable it if need be . Hopefully I'll no longer have crabby neighbors.

Cheers. :D

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Gilbar said:
Thanks for the tip Trip'. I indeed found this out after gong to my local dealership and was told that I would need to go back to where I purchased it from. So I went and found out that there is indeed a motion/vibration sensor installed. It was dialed back and I found out how to disable it if need be . Hopefully I'll no longer have crabby neighbors.

Cheers. :D
Good deal. I used to install those things. They were the most problematic part of the alarm, but still worth having. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.