Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Friends need help with 97 Pathfinder

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Djoker04 
#1 ·
Short and quick. Where to find replacement remote for '97 pathfinder. Orig keeps setting off the alarm as soon as you walk into range. Nissan dealers in area could not help. They claim they don't even have service manuals for it to deactivate the alarm. Any help would be appreciated. Place for Manual or remote. Thanks

K

#3 ·
Djoker04 said:
Short and quick. Where to find replacement remote for '97 pathfinder. Orig keeps setting off the alarm as soon as you walk into range. Nissan dealers in area could not help. They claim they don't even have service manuals for it to deactivate the alarm. Any help would be appreciated. Place for Manual or remote. Thanks

K
Ebay totally, also search alot of the Nissan parts sites. BTW - I had a heck of a time figuring out how to "recalibrate" alarm system on my 95 Pathfinder with the remotes. If the 97 works similar in any way, you have to be holding down the remote button while you connect the power to the battery. The alarm picks up that signal and calibrates the alarm to that remote. Gets even trickier when doing 2 key fobs. Had to connect/disconnect about 4 or 5 times before I got both key fobs to turn on-off the alarm remotely.
In the mean time, if you haven't already take the battery out of the key fob and unlock the car with the actual key - how old fasioned!

#4 ·
armoody said:
Ebay totally, also search alot of the Nissan parts sites. BTW - I had a heck of a time figuring out how to "recalibrate" alarm system on my 95 Pathfinder with the remotes. If the 97 works similar in any way, you have to be holding down the remote button while you connect the power to the battery. The alarm picks up that signal and calibrates the alarm to that remote. Gets even trickier when doing 2 key fobs. Had to connect/disconnect about 4 or 5 times before I got both key fobs to turn on-off the alarm remotely.
In the mean time, if you haven't already take the battery out of the key fob and unlock the car with the actual key - how old fasioned!

Thanks! I'll let them Know.

K

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.