Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
603 Posts
Folks,
I believe I have this problem as well on my 05 MADA LE. It start about a month ago. It sounds like a binding and popping noise when I start to back up my truck from garage with steering slowly turning.
How should I explain to the dealer when I ask them to check it out? The noise is not really obvious but it's there. I don't want to hear from the service advisor says, "we cannot recreate your problem." or some s**t.

· Premium Member
603 Posts
Sorry for bringing up the topic again. I finally made an appointment and asked my wife to drop the truck at the dealer to fix the cracking/popping issue. She called me up at the dealership to inform me that the service advisor believe it is a maintainence issue and it would cost me $75 just to diagnose. If the issue was covered under warranty, they would waive the diagnostic charges.

This just ticked me off since I have owned so many cars and suvs and I have never seen a steering box or bushing requires any maintainence in a short period and I have to pay from my pocket.
My Armada was bought in July 2005 and has 21k miles on it. I told my wife not to fix it and we will try other dealer. I have never had any issue with my 2002 Acura on any warranty work.

Have you all seen any dealer threatening you with any charges out front just to fix anything under warranty? I still love the truck but I am starting to hate Nissan's service.

· Premium Member
603 Posts
Please update your experience. I have not had a chance to make appointment with another dealer. I have busy with work for the past few weeks.

RHerrmann said:
Mine's got the same issue now as well. Going to make an appointment for next week to get it sorted out. It makes a loud clunk when I am turning of of my driveway and it also feels like there is a little steering shimmy for the first several miles I drive until it settles back in.. strange.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.