Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can get a custom front passenger seat? I am considering purchasing an 06 armada, but found the seat to be very uncomfortable because of the fold flat option. The driver seat was fine. Any suggestions would be great!!

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
jennifer said:
Does anyone know if you can get a custom front passenger seat? I am considering purchasing an 06 armada, but found the seat to be very uncomfortable because of the fold flat option. The driver seat was fine. Any suggestions would be great!!
I've yet to do it but you can remove the two bolts that hold the front of the seat bottom to the frame, add some spacers and replace with longer bolts to raise the front of the seat.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
jennifer said:
I'm still trying to find an aftermarket drivers seat. For some reason, my semi big-a$$ just can't get comfortable. The seat is too flat.

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
Get the LE seat, i.e. the one that is power. This is fully adjustable. I have it and it is identical to the driver's seat. I think only the cloth has the "flat" seats but I could be wrong. Just another reason to get the leather. ;)

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
Get the LE seat, i.e. the one that is power. This is fully adjustable. I have it and it is identical to the driver's seat. I think only the cloth has the "flat" seats but I could be wrong. Just another reason to get the leather. ;)
I have the LE with leather and mine is flat, it tilts forward quite a bit but backward just barely. The cushion of these seats suck. The passenger one tilts forward and the drivers side cushion compacts and leans to the left. Love the truck but the seats could use some help.

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
The lean should be fixed by a dealer. As for the forward tilt, just adjust the power. You can have it lean any way you want, not forward. :comphead:

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
The lean should be fixed by a dealer. As for the forward tilt, just adjust the power. You can have it lean any way you want, not forward. :comphead:
Not unless they've changed to 8-way passenger seats. The passenger is only 6-way and there is no adjustment for the front edge of the seat. Only forward/backwards, back of seat bottom up/down (really only up), and seat back forward/backwards.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
The Se Offroad comes with leather and the same power adjustable seat. There is no difference from Nissan on the seat on a LE or an SE Offroad. I also have the power adjustable passenger seat as well.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
I've got the LE with leather seats. The issue I'm having is the seat is flat and if I tilt the front up higher, then it feels even worse. I had the whole seat replaced a month ago and it didn't help.
I'd like to transplant my LS430 seat into the Armada.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Andy,

How did you get the dealer to replace the seat.

I have a drivers seat back that leans towards the center console and bent. I also have a passenger seat that excessively sways back and forth way too much. The TSB only covers the non power seat. The dealer said there is no fix for this. My wife gets sick in the truck on long drives. The dealer doesnt want to fix it or give me a new seat.

Any help Apreicaited.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
ockevin said:
Andy,

How did you get the dealer to replace the seat.

I have a drivers seat back that leans towards the center console and bent. I also have a passenger seat that excessively sways back and forth way too much. The TSB only covers the non power seat. The dealer said there is no fix for this. My wife gets sick in the truck on long drives. The dealer doesnt want to fix it or give me a new seat.

Any help Apreicaited.
My drivers seat felt like it was leaning to the left. The leather cover had unclipped off the bottom of the seat. So sitting in the seat, reach your right hand down to where the leather wraps around the bottom. That's where it was coming off. Dealer tried to fix but it came off again. Then they replaced the whole bottom portion of the seat.
The new seat still feels like it leans left. I'm starting to wonder if its the seat or me. I feel that the seat is not centered to the steering wheel. The seat is slightly to the left of the steering wheel, so I'm actually leaning to the right when I'm driving. That's why I feel like the seat is lower on the left side.
Know what I mean?

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. I think the problem is the design of the seat. I don't think they left enough cushion on top of the cutout for the power controls. I think that explains why the right side is fine. Could be wrong but thats what my dealer and I concluded.

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
They replaced my drivers seat for creaking. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.