Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, got a 2019 Armada (used) last week and the other day the wife pointed out to me a pretty loud creak (squeak) from the pass side suspension. You can hear it when going over bumps..pretty loud like an old hardwood floor only much louder. The crazy thing is than none of that was there when we test drove the car. For the week we have put about 160 mi!es on it.
I do see a couple of posts here but mostly for rattles and popping sounds.
For this kind of front end "creak " anecdotally the internet cites sway bar bushing, sway bar mounting brackets, jounce bumper etc. but there has to be something more definite for this kind of issue for this vehicle.
If you have had any similar experiences your replies are very much appreciated.
p.s. Never had the issue on my 2017 Pathfinder or 2001 Qx4, but these were very different...

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
2019 model... shouldn't be much wrong with that. Squeaks are so difficult to track down. How many total miles on it?

But anyway, the swaybar bushings are a simple check. Turn your wheels outwards and look in from the front of the wheel. You can easily see what the condition of the swaybar bushings are. Just changed mine out recently, but that resolved more of a clunk than a squeak. These were mine at 117,000 miles. Top 2 pics before/after.

Otherwise, you're under warranty, right? If you have a decent dealership, they should be willing to try and track it down.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2019 model... shouldn't be much wrong with that. Squeaks are so difficult to track down. How many total miles on it?

But anyway, the swaybar bushings are a simple check. Turn your wheels outwards and look in from the front of the wheel. You can easily see what the condition of the swaybar bushings are. Just changed mine out recently, but that resolved more of a clunk than a squeak. These were mine at 117,000 miles. Top 2 pics before/after.

Otherwise, you're under warranty, right? If you have a decent dealership, they should be willing to try and track it down.
Thank you for the post. They look good from what i can see. The Mada only has 19700 miles on it, i am thinking this is something silly. I have an appt with the dealership next Monday. I will post after that.
Could be a loose bolt or road debris got in somewhere.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Can you ask someone to step on the running board and try shaking the car while you observe where exactly the noise is coming from?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep, did that and sounds like its coming from the front suspension on the passenger side...Traveling now, but when i get bavk to CO we'll do it again
and I will try to narrow it down more..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update - the issue is fixed!
Took two trips to Nissan, but they did it.
My hats off to Larry Miller Nissan of Highlands Ranch, CO.
These guys were awesome.
The changed all sway bar bushings, in addition to several bolts/gaskets.
The wife is happy now. Enough said - Thank you Larry Miller Nissan. And everyone on this forum for chiming in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE
THE METAL ON METAL SQUEAK IS BACK!!!
Apparently the noise comes only when the engine/exhaust is hot. Does not happen first thing..So I have a new theory- its a gasket/connection issue with the exhaust system somewhere.
If you have experienced anything like that with the newer Armadas, please post.
Thank you!!!
I will put a video next time it happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts