Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a fuel gauge that wont come up when the tank is filled? Actually, this happened once so far and it took about 30 mins to go all the way up. Havent had a chance to get to the dealer yet.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
I haven't had this problem, but I know my Mada will show near empty when going downhill versus showing 1/4 tank going uphill.
When you fill up, are you parking on a hill or uneven lot?
-Andi

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
I've heard of some issues with the '05 models and bad sending units..sounds like it's time to head to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I've got an 04 and noticed that the needle won't go up all the way to Full when I top off my tank each fill up.. Let us know if you take it to the dealer and what they tell you...

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, it is always quite flat here in Orlando.

I also dont see the needle go all the way to the top line when filled.

I'll let you know what happens at the dealer. Guess I'll get the other 10 things done too.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I had this problem with my 04, the dealer replaced the sending unit and it's been fine since. One of the few problems they fixed the first time.

:whip:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
How old is your Armada. Early last year there was a mass problem in Florida where tainted gas was destroying gas gauges. I spoke to the State Farm guy after the hurricanes and he said he had just finished working on a team that processed thousands of these claims in Florida. I'm having my vette gauge looked at. It ran out of gas showing 1/4 full.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Wow, never heard of the bad gas issue after the hurricane...could be what caused mine to malfunction.

Had the same thing, filled the tank and the needle stayed at or near the E on the gauge for about a 1/2 hour and then went to almost full.....dealer replaced the sending unit and it has been fine so far.....

They had to remove the rear and third seat, body molding and rear interior panels to roll back the carpet to change the unit....

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
pathfinder19 said:
Wow, never heard of the bad gas issue after the hurricane...could be what caused mine to malfunction.

Had the same thing, filled the tank and the needle stayed at or near the E on the gauge for about a 1/2 hour and then went to almost full.....dealer replaced the sending unit and it has been fine so far.....

They had to remove the rear and third seat, body molding and rear interior panels to roll back the carpet to change the unit....
It was before the hurricanes, but an early '04 may have been exposed. To much sulpher or something in the gas.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got mine on Oct04 and then went through 2 more hurricanes so it is possible that this bad gas thing caused the sending unit to fail. Guess I'll go to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
fuel gauge

I had the same problem with my 2004 (7,000 miles), never reached "full". After awhile the gauge was stuck on 3/4 tank. Nissan replaced the gauge and now it is working fine. I have heard this happen with a few Armada owners. Good luck.

ctarmada

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
SedonaArmada said:
I got mine on Oct04 and then went through 2 more hurricanes so it is possible that this bad gas thing caused the sending unit to fail. Guess I'll go to the dealer.
I don't want anyone confused on this. If you got it new in October, I doubt this is the problem unless it had old gas in it. The bad gas problem happened in late '03 and the first month or two of '04. It is unrelated to hurricanes except that I spoke to an insurance agent about the subject while having my Grand Cherokee appraised for Hurricane damage. If yours was new after March '04 I would doubt it was bad gas and think it was probably a bad gauge or related hardware.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
I have an '04 LE that the sending unit was replaced after about 5000 miles. I now have 9000 and on the last river run the gauge took 45 minutes to go from E to Full. What's up with that? I am going to have the dealer replace it again when my brake kits come in.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
happened to me once, it hasn't happened again so i thought nothing of it. I'll get it to the dealer when it does it again.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Had the exact same problem. Took it to the dealer and they had to replace the fuel pump and sensor. The sensor crapped out. Haven't had the problem since.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts